Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need Survey help (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94581-need-survey-help.html)

Dirck W Gomez 01-16-2005 11:02 AM

Need Survey help

I am ready to delivery final payment on a 31 speedboat (Bullet) in the Seabrook/ Clearlake (Gulf Coast Center) Houston area and have been advised by many of my new friends (and insurance company) to have this 1990 vessel surveyed prior to handing over my hard earned money.
Additionally, I am in Calif purchasing in TX, any words of wisdom?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many many thanks

Edward R. Cozzi 01-16-2005 11:48 AM

Re: Need Survey help

Find a SAMS accredited surveyor in your area.
You can call toll free: 800-344-9077 or go online at :www.marinesurvey.org

Find out if the surveyor is experienced in the type of boat you want.

Good Luck!

Crazyhorse 01-16-2005 12:27 PM

Yup, what he said. Under no circumstances should you use a surveyor that is recommended by the seller or broker.
By the way, I hope your purchase agreement has the three "outs" for you as the buyer- a successful personal inspection, a successful survey (by that I mean a survey that reflects the value of the craft to be at least the amount of purchase), and a successful sea-trial. I hired the surveyor (as well as the engine surveyor) to do my sea-trial because I couldn't be there personally. It wasn't cheap but it was well worth it.
Ed, you could always fly out there and do it for him. Let me know if you need a hand.

captwk 01-16-2005 12:51 PM

I live right where the boat is at. How can I help you. Have lots of boat friends here who probably know the boat

Crazyhorse 01-16-2005 12:54 PM

By the way Ed, I just looked at my Cigarette survey and you did it on 2/21/2003, survey #00220503748. If you ever get to west Michigan I'd like you to refresh the survey.

captwk 01-16-2005 12:59 PM

Ed was a big help for me when I was thinking of buying a used Sonic. I would recommend him to anyone.

OldSchool 01-16-2005 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by captwk
Ed was a big help for me when I was thinking of buying a used Sonic. I would recommend him to anyone.

And you can't beat his prices!!! :p :D :D :drink:

JCPERF 01-16-2005 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by craig223
And you can't beat his prices!!! :p :D :D :drink:

Yeah according to Su :D mmerall its free.

Dirck W Gomez 01-16-2005 05:18 PM

I sure can use some help here. The vessel is located at Gulf Coast Boating Center in Seabrook. I am dealing with Andrew who is brokering the 31 bullet.
Please advise on phone number or e-mail me so I can arrange a survey.
My e-mail is [email protected]
Thank you

Dirck W Gomez 01-17-2005 01:05 AM

Great suggestions. If you can imagine, I am quite preoccupied to make sure I am not getting in over my head with an anchor.

Your all are great- THANK YOU