Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looking to buy east coast FL waterfront lot, now (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94635-looking-buy-east-coast-fl-waterfront-lot-now.html)

CBR 01-17-2005 10:18 PM

Looking to buy east coast FL waterfront lot, now

Not finding much luck with real estate brokers in this quest. Looking Palm Beach south to Homestead. Dania and Homestead look possible......building lot on canal OCEAN ACCESS, no less than twenty feet clearance under fixed bridges. I understand Homestead is opening up new development parcels. Can't get info on this.

Looking around 125K, traveling down south Feb 17th to 21st. Want to see properties then.

Yeah, I know it is a beer budget, but that is me. <gg>

Kindly email [email protected]

JCPERF 01-17-2005 10:33 PM

Re: Looking to buy east coast FL waterfront lot, now

Originally Posted by CBR
Not finding much luck with real estate brokers in this quest. Looking Palm Beach south to Homestead. Dania and Homestead look possible......building lot on canal OCEAN ACCESS, no less than twenty feet clearance under fixed bridges. I understand Homestead is opening up new development parcels. Can't get info on this.

Looking around 125K, traveling down south Feb 17th to 21st. Want to see properties then.

Yeah, I know it is a beer budget, but that is me. <gg>

Kindly email [email protected]

Find out for another cause ill buy one too.

Pantera1 01-17-2005 10:34 PM

Ya let me know Im sick of the snow :D

CBR 01-17-2005 11:23 PM

Humm, seems to be interest here in developing our own GFBL Inc. subdivision next to the nuke plant! <gg>

DJD 01-18-2005 08:11 AM

Check out the Stuart area. 1/2hr drive to WPB & the prices are alot more reasonable. Hutchensen Is. is really nice but just on the other side of the ICW are lots of properties where people are tearing down the little shacks & building new. Defenately the upcoming area. 5 min to the ocean & depending where you are, the only two bridges offer 30 something feet clearance. If you get into the new area I mentioned, 0 bridges to contend with. Most of the area is 25 mph but it is rarely enforced. Lots of bays, great offshore fishing, party hangout spots at several sand bars inside the inlet and a few decent waterfront bar/restaurants.

Dave

O.C.Barry 01-18-2005 09:43 AM

Seriously if you can find a block of ICW access lots for $125K each, I'm in for one.

ratman 01-18-2005 09:46 AM

NOTE: Hutchensen Is. HAS A NUKE POWERPLANT... but w/f property is reasonable in the area, wpb is nice as well but 125k isn't much to work with...

Dean Ferry 01-18-2005 09:54 AM

On Merritt Island, ~120 miles north of WPB, 125K MIGHT buy a canalfront lot, BUT the canal might not be navigable? :eek:
Ratman is right, 125k for waterfront lot in Fl. is going to be hard to find.
Good luck,
Dean

Fountain38SC 01-18-2005 10:19 AM

I'd be interested in seeing what you turn up. Maybe an OSO discount if we bought together. Wasn't there a member that was a Realtor in southern FL who bought very cheap in the keys? Georges?? Maybe he could help. If you find anything on the H2O that is even remotely close to 125 let me know, I'm in.

O.C.Barry 01-18-2005 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Fountain38SC
I'd be interested in seeing what you turn up. Maybe an OSO discount if we bought together. Wasn't there a member that was a Realtor in southern FL who bought very cheap in the keys? Georges?? Maybe he could help. If you find anything on the H2O that is even remotely close to 125 let me know, I'm in.

That was my point although I didn't say it as eloquently. There are probably 10 people on the board who would pony up $125K for a lot. So if a realtor found a parcel that could be split for 10 lots and gross $1.25 million, that may be feasible.