Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Corsa Boats?

Does Corsa still build boats? Anybody have any information on them? BH
Old 08-01-2002, 07:01 PM
KN
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been meaning to ask the same question. Does anyone have any experiance with a 1979 26' Corsa Martini? How well are they built, handle, ride? I know they had some success in A Class and in Factory I but those were newer boats. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks Kirk
Old 08-01-2002, 08:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Kirk:

I ran the old Hogs Breath boat which is owned by Steve Mikolos. Steve and I did St Cloud and Ft Myers back in 2000 in it(F1-96). It was a 26 and bad ass. I will never forget the first time I sat behind the wheel and looking out over that long bow. The boat runs unbelieveable in the rough also. Surely somebody knows something about the company. I 'm pretty sure they're located in Miami and build big boats now. ???????????????

BH
Old 08-01-2002, 09:09 PM
KN
Registered

Hey Brian, I met you at the Races in North Carolina in 1999. I actually bought Steves Fountain and raced it that weekend with Gary. He raved about the Corsa, do you know if he still has it. There is a 1979 26' Corsa Martini for sale up by me it looks like a good project, I'm curious if it's the same hull as Steve's boat,

Kirk
Old 08-01-2002, 09:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Kirk:

Yea I remember meeting you. You ran with Gary , right? I heard you had a serious ATV accident or something , right? Are you healed? Do you still have the Fountain? Steve does still have the Corsa and not sure if it's the same as the boat your talking about. BH
Old 08-01-2002, 09:24 PM
KN
Registered

Brian I did run with Gary for that race. Unfortuanately I had a bad snowmobile accident the following winter, I'm about 50% of were I was before, my back still bothers me and my legs are messed up, but that much better than the prognosis was. I'm greatfull for that. I sold the Fountain to someone on this board. My racing days are over I really would like to find some info out on this boat, anyone??? Brian I saw the pictures you posted of your new Cigarette, that is a beautifull boat good luck with the racing.

Kirk
Old 08-02-2002, 02:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default ???????

Anybody Corsa info?
Old 08-02-2002, 03:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Try this, it's recently updated(6/02) and indicates they're still in business:

Corse Marine
Old 08-02-2002, 04:05 PM
Registered

Ditto of what Brian H. said about the Corsa. As far as I know Corsa is still in business but the last time I tried to contact them it was nearly impossible. No return phone calls, etc. When I finally did reach them for some info, it never came. I remember Steve M. telling me that Corsa is very hard to get ahold of and even harder to get them to build you a boat. But it's one hell off a boat !!! 24' that acks like 31' !!! I beleive Steve's Corsa, (Total Laser Care), is up for sale. Dave Warden
Old 08-06-2002, 10:50 AM
KN
Registered

ttt

Does anyone know anything about a 1979 26' Corsa Martini, is it the same hull as the newer boats that ran in A-Class and Factory-1. How does it compare to other boats of that vintage?
IE. Cigarette, Sutphen, Superboat, Pantera. Thanks.

Kirk

Quick Reply: Corsa Boats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.