Notices

Anyone have a Blackberry?

Old 01-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a Blackberry?

I have had a sprint phone where I could hook it to my laptop & access the internet. I am looking at switching from sprint & going with a blackberry & verizon service. So far everyone I have talked to said this is the way to go. What do you think?
Old 01-16-2005, 07:56 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Default Re: Anyone have a Blackberry?

If you have Sprint, upgrade your phone to a Treo 650. It has all the features of a Crackberry, plus color, camera, video, calendar, Web, Bluetooth..... It is an awesome piece of technology. I live by mine.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 01-16-2005, 07:58 PM
still doing coke

I have a dingleberry,does that count?

Old 01-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

My blackberry has color, phone, bluetooth, all the usual office functions, internet etc.

Works great. The only time I temporarily lose connection is if I am driving and really get out in the sticks.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Phknlwyr
If you have Sprint, upgrade your phone to a Treo 650. It has all the features of a Crackberry, plus color, camera, video, calendar, Web, Bluetooth..... It is an awesome piece of technology. I live by mine.

Sorry, but there is no other technology that matches the Blackberry service. The Trio is nice, but it does not have push technology. Only Blackberry has that. So....if you are looking to get email and send email away from the office in real time, this is the way to go. With the Trio, you have to go and get your email.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:00 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Sorry, but there is no other technology that matches the Blackberry service. The Trio is nice, but it does not have push technology. Only Blackberry has that. So....if you are looking to get email and send email away from the office in real time, this is the way to go. With the Trio, you have to go and get your email.
First of all Norty, it's a Treo, not Trio. Second, when I get mail to my main account, it arrives on my Treo within minutes. I agree, the Blackberry has the best e-mail technology. The rest of the features pale in comparison to the Treo. It all depends upon what features you find most important. I can deal with a minute or two delay in e-mail.

Old 01-16-2005, 09:01 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Originally Posted by still doing coke
I have a dingleberry,does that count?
You ARe a dingleberry. Now go buy a membership.

Old 01-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Registered

I just got a Blackberry w/ Nextel service. I can't figure out how to retrieve my email. I'll have to call the support # tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Phknlwyr
How do you have it set up to get your emails? Do you have your mail server set up to forward your emails to your Treo when you have incoming mail? From what I understand is I need to get the BlackBerry enterprise server to do the pushing of the emails unless I have our mail server just forward my mail to the blackberry. What do you think are the advantage of the Treo over the blackberry?

Thanks
Old 01-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Registered

I am definitely a tech junkie (forced by business) and use computers all the time but how well do the blackberry's and other devices work on email? Most of the emails I get have files as attacments (ppt, xls, doc, pdf, jpg, gif, tif, and so on). Can you access any of these attachments on any of the devices you are using? If not they wouldn't be a lot of help to me. I can open the a lot of them on my palm but was wondering if the blackberry type devices have this capability yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.