Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Information On Sarasota (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94687-information-sarasota.html)

Nor-Tech380 01-18-2005 06:51 PM

Information On Sarasota

Help! I'm planing a road trip to Sarasota for the weekend of Jan. 29-30th and need a boat ramp to launch a 38 footer and a place to park my rig. Also looking for recommendations on a hotel with dock space. Somebody said to try the Hyatt...any good?? Also, local information would be helpful...how's the bar scene?

JPD Motorsports 01-18-2005 07:12 PM

Re: Information On Sarasota

The hyatt is great and they just did the docks a little while ago, launch at hwy 41 and 10th street aka( 10th street ramp) just north of the hotel with lots of parking. You can also goto the holiday inn which is also north of there as well by a few miles. But the 10th street ramp is the one to launch from. Nice long runs to the water can launch 5-6 boats at a time, if the others don't back down the middle of the ramp.

suncoastpower2 01-18-2005 07:15 PM

The Hyatt is the best place to stay.Be sure and let the dockmaster know you need a slip.Plenty of bar activity within a 1/4 tank of gas.The 10th street boat ramp is just north of the Hyatt as well.Mar Vista and Casey Key Fish house is good on the weekends.I suggest getting a local to show you the water ways.The channels have changed since the Hurricanes.Contact me I am allways up for a boat ride.

Donzi Corleone 01-18-2005 07:21 PM

Lets dont forget the CHEETAH................

cuda 01-18-2005 07:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
No doubt, the Hyatt is the place to stay. 10th Street ramp is top notch, and only two blocks away.

CigBoat 01-18-2005 07:42 PM

Agree with the others!
I will be out of town that weekend but we are out just about every weekend!
Longboat pass is still well marked and easy to use other than that I would only go out New Pass or Big Pass if you with someone who knows them or following another boat out!

Formula Outlaw 01-18-2005 07:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the Hyatt. You'll have a great time here.

addiction 01-18-2005 07:54 PM

My place! SECURITY MAX boat and trailer storage. Secure and two blocks to 10th Strret boat ramp. Call me 941-650-7112 Joe

44MTI 01-18-2005 08:01 PM

Now I'm really jealous, Sarasota is one of my favorite places. Can't wait for the PRA run, Does anyone know the dates yet?

GATORONE 01-18-2005 08:05 PM

April 1-2 :drink: