Best Late Model 30'-35' Twin? >

Best Late Model 30'-35' Twin?

Notices

Best Late Model 30'-35' Twin?

Old 01-28-2005, 08:47 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Best Late Model 30'-35' Twin?

PwrQwst,
I already planned on talking to Charlene about a number of boats including the Powerquest, Fountains and Cigaretts, (Sean, thanks for the link).
I talked to her last fall about the Mystique she has. I could make a screaming deal on this boat, but two things come to mind...
1. How much would a brand new pair of 377 Scorpions be worth?
2. It is not a step bottom.
I got no problem swapping the 377s' for a pair on bigblocks, but it seems that the old straight bottom Mystiques are, A. slow. And B. just don't sell, and I don't want to be stuck with this boat forever.
For all you Cigarette guys, I am curious about the 35 Top Gun she has. What's wrong with this boat?? Why can't she sell it?
As for the 32 Hustler, Sweet boat! I think there are a few of the traditional 24*V bottoms that just plain work, and this is one of them. The smallest step bottom Hustler is the 34, isn't it? The older Donzi always seemed slow, and too pricey. Seems like The newer step Donzi are more than a Cigarette.
Dreamer, thanks for the info. I figured it was going to be high, but for some reason, that boat just "did it" for me. My checkbook is stuck in the real world, but I can still dream, eh?
Old 01-28-2005, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gordo
PwrQwst,

For all you Cigarette guys, I am curious about the 35 Top Gun she has. What's wrong with this boat?? Why can't she sell it?
I have tried twice to buy this boat and may take another run at it. The problem with it is she still wants retail, and I don't mean used retail I mean 2000 list price retail. That has always been an issue with them, I tried to buy a 42 leftover 2000 fountain and she wanted her original cost on the boat. This was 2003 and I could buy the same boat at Mid-Mo with 60 hours on it for $60K less and a trailer.

I really like charlene a lot I just can't seem to make a deal we can both live with. Correct me if I am wrong but I think that boat on a new myco trailer is worth about $135-140. My reasoning is 500HP's instead of efi's. No extended cabin, no swim platform, no steps, pre 2001 dash.

Maybe I am out of line....
Old 01-28-2005, 11:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Von Bongo
your not out of line I tried last year to buy the left over 38 PQ she has and she sayed the same thing to me, here is what I paid for it and this is what I will sell it for. The problem is that she still wants 2002 price for it and no matter what she says the day you buy it or the Cigs they are not just used but they are 3 to 5 years old and used. She is a very sweet lady but I just dont understand her buisness ways.

Gordo
If you can work a deal out with her good luck all the boats that she has are great looking rides. The 35 Cafe is a limited paint edition and she knows it. The 30 I dont believe has sold because of the motors but like you said you can sell them and put it more cubes. The PQ is just priced to high.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gordo
PwrQwst,
I got no problem swapping the 377s' for a pair on bigblocks,
I think I would whipple them rather than swap them out, those are blueprinted with all the right stuff...maybe a valve change and different head gaskets but I think those would make great blown smallblocks.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

If my old motor math is correct 377's are destroked 400's and wind up like no bodies business, and can run a real high rpm. If they are done right, and you sc them, you have a set of screamers!
Old 01-29-2005, 09:21 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I assume the 35 Cigarette that Charlene has is a Cafe Racer with some special package so they call it a Top Gun. What's the real difference?
Old 02-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Registered

Gordo,

It was when Cig first started using the top gun style deck, cockpit, dash on the 35 footers, they called them a limited addition "35 Top Gun" then it became the playboy addition when it went twin step with of course the bunnies and black/gray, Then they did a few "playboys" in different colors and now they call them the misstress.

BTW I made and offer on the 35 again but was turned down.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

von buy mine newer nicer faster and cheaper
Old 02-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dreamer
von buy mine newer nicer faster and cheaper
Dreamer, shoot me an e-mail or PM me and we can talk
Old 02-04-2005, 12:10 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

check your pm box

Quick Reply: Best Late Model 30'-35' Twin?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.