Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   WAX and waxing bottom of boat?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94760-wax-waxing-bottom-boat.html)

Stormrider 01-20-2005 12:27 PM

Re: WAX and waxing bottom of boat??

Originally Posted by yss
So why do surfers wax their boards dude?

surfers wax the top of their board.
And its more like a brick of candle wax. Its used to make the board more girppy.
check out: www.sexwax.com

Sean H 01-20-2005 12:28 PM

you could use sex wax on your bottom.... of the boat that is.... :D

yss 01-20-2005 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider
surfers wax the top of their board.
And its more like a brick of candle wax. Its used to make the board more girppy.
check out: www.sexwax.com

Right on dude! :drink:

ST31 01-20-2005 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by ratman
have you tried speedwax? you can gain 5 to 7 mph just by waxing your unit vigorously with it. it was developed by a scientist named lilduece.

LOL.......

OldSchool 01-20-2005 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Wasabe
If you dryslip your boat and have a lift pick it up you'll be really sad. Oh and I wouldn't trailer it either if you do.

DON'T WAX the bottom!

Do you really think that wax will make a boat slip off of a forklift or a trailer??? Someone has given you some bad info! :p

Pantera1 01-20-2005 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by craig223
Do you really think that wax will make a boat slip off of a forklift or a trailer??? Someone has given you some bad info! :p

If I may ..I think she means that the forks or bunks will just rub the wax off ..Was? :D
Waxing the bottom is a waste of time and energy ..unless its a cute bottom :D

Stormrider 01-20-2005 02:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I was going to do it this year. The dirty water sits on my airdock lift between the boat and the float. I just used slimy grimy, and it came right off. If I waxed the hull bottom, i thought it would prevent this. I would wax if it would not wear off in salt water immediately. I don't pull the boat out on the trailer enough to clean it.
Here is a pic of it on the dock to give you an idea.
Let me know if any of you have a different idea of how to prevent this.

Sean H 01-20-2005 02:59 PM

i would tell the forklift guy to slow down or tilt back the forks more otherwise that was some pretty good wax..

Wasabe 01-20-2005 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by craig223

I heard a SCOPE story about a POODLE who waxed the bottom and when bringing the boat up from the water it was slipping. I wouldn't want an accident that lame to happen to anyone. To each his own. ;)

LapseofReason 01-20-2005 04:44 PM

I don't wax the bottom of my boat for 2 reasons,(1) I have a 50 foot boat and bad shoulders, (2) I have been told by people I trust and know what they are talking about that it makes it slower. I don't seem to have a problem keeping it clean but I knock the scum line off soon as it comes out of the water.

When I had my 42 Sonic it had to sit in the water for 2 weeks and it looked bad, after acid cleaning it and laying under it all day waxing it we put it back on the trailer and on the way home I had to hit the brakes hard, the boat came forward about 6 feet and almost hit the truck messed the trailer all up. It never did it before.