Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Northern Michigan Fun Run 2005 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94790-northern-michigan-fun-run-2005-a.html)

dyno 05-19-2005 07:43 AM

Re: Northern Michigan Fun Run 2005

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
The race is on Aug. 13th from Grand Haven, Mi. to Boyne City, Mi. The finish line will be on Lake Michigan because you can only run 55 on inland lakes in Michigan, the boats will cross the finish line and then come thru Charlevoix and up Lake Charlevoix to Boyne City where we will have a BIG awards party, dinner and a real Hawaiian Luau, the wait staff will have on grass skirts and little flowered tops, they will be roosting a pig right on the beach there will be teaky bars set up with real live palm trees being hauled up from Miami, Fl. we will have hula dancers and everything you get the idea, the party you have always dreamed of. There will be a limited number of tickets sold to the public, the race boats will also be docked right at the party for you to veiw. The race is being put on by the West Michigan Powerboat Association This race is to see who really has the fastest boat in the country, Skater is one of the big sponcers and is bring alot of the boats with them, there are already some really exotic boats signed up. If you guys need more info on the party or the finish line, please call the Boyne event organizer at 231-437-0740. Thank You.

This is Ausome! I'm up there on vacation that week!!!Where can I buy tickets????

Perfectmix 05-19-2005 08:54 AM

Dyno,
I just spoke with JB. Sounds like it will be one heck of a display. He is going to get back with me regarding tickets. I'll to be ther for sure.

dyno 05-19-2005 09:08 AM

Josh keep me posted I'll be there with ya!!!!Maybe we can hook up in Charlivoix and run out to the finish as a group. I think I'll get a slip in Northwest marine that weekend.

dockrocker 05-19-2005 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Perfectmix
Sorry man I hated to do it. You better get that 29 figured out and we'll see you in July:D.
I'm calling right now about this race coming into town. I can't believe it, I'm always the last to know!
Cool boats, pig roast, grass skirts, count me in:drink:

Hey, it's running fine now! If the freaking weather would cooperate I might even get a chance to run it! :rolleyes:

I've already got a list of things I want to modify after the season... :)

JB4Boyne 05-20-2005 08:26 PM

Josh, I just picked up the menu Garrett put together for the press, here it is. Imagine a gorgeous lakefront property with patios and decks overlooking the sparkling clear waters of Lake Charlevoix an outdoor authentic 'TIKI BAR' complete with real live palm trees shipped in from Miami, Fl, dispensing your favorite frozen concoction amid the rhythmic strains of a pulsating island drumbeat. All this complimented by pleasant, professional service, two beautiful appointed indoor dining rooms and the icomparable cuisine of master chef and owner, Garrett Scanlan. Traditional island fare such as crisp, golden suckling pig prepared in the authentic, time-honored method over open wood fires in hand-dug fire pits... Polynesian rice and vegetable dishes vie for attention among Asian -inspired delicacies like crisp vegetable spring rolls with pineapple sweet and sour sauce, Thai spiced chicken skewers with peanut dipping sauce,.... A dessert tableau featuring white chocolate/mangomousse or passion fruit parfait with roasted pineapple and Tahitian vanilla sauce. A truly remarkable adventure in great food, memorable service and unsurpassed ambiance awaits you..... Garretts on Water Street... we're in business of making memories. There will also be a band and lots of partying. Josh, would you be interested in organizing a raft up out in front of Garretts? I'm sure all of the docks will be full of race boats. If you get one going I can get someone with a dingy to run a taxi service. Let me know what you think. My Email is [email protected] Thanks, JB

wrinkleface 05-22-2005 08:01 PM

Dyno..
I guess we crossed paths and didn't even know it. I was in the front. This weekend is supposed to be in the 70's time to go boating:D.

Wrink:
I'll be around Char town this weekend. If it is as nice as they say I'm dropping the PQ in Lake Char and cruising that neck of the woods. See ya around.
Josh

Well, tried ta hook up w/ mixer boy again on Sat. and the excuses just keep floating down the Pine River. This time it was a way too much information story of his venereal warts :eek: sore from chaffing as he would walk, so he says. Dude get somebody to burn those off!!! :evilb: Dude again WTMI!!! Ok so I can't leave our OSO comrads thinking you are in this bad of shape. I have to tell the truth as bottom ended as it may sound. Mixer's hemorroids were acting up and the local store was out of Preparation H so he said he couldn't sit in the pub with me and the wife. :evilb:

Enjoy! Wrink

KAAMA 05-22-2005 10:01 PM

Dyno-
Whats up, Fun Run is the same weekend of our GT Bay Poker Run, that sucks! After the cards are drawn in E.R. I will be haulin azz to Charlavoix for the fireworks. See ya there.
Josh

Woah---I didn't know Grand Traverse was holding a poker run and I also didn't know there is a race from Grand Haven to Boyne City!

I am about 80% sure I will do the Boyne Thunder Poker Run on the 15th/16th , but just haven't signed up for it yet until I know for sure, and then leave my boat up there for the Fun Run on the following weekend.

Anyway, sounds like a lot of nice offshore events happening up north this year and my engines have just been finished, and will be running on the water here in short order. So I plan on enjoying some of these events up north this summer, and look forward in getting to meet some of you other guys that will be up there with your hardware. It will be nice to finally have my hog back in the water again.

Have engines will travel.

dyno 05-23-2005 04:32 AM

yea what ever Mark.......I know you will be there.....like the last 5 years.That boat only runs in November. :(

Perfectmix 05-23-2005 08:34 AM

Wink:
Dude the hits just keep on coming, Seriously though, My bro puked an injector hauling the Fountain home. Filled the crank case with several gallons on diesel the proceeded to hose diesel fuel all over his boat and trailer.Not a good sight! We had to take a car hauler and two trucks to pick his azz up in Benton Harbor. It was a late Saturday night and believe me I would rather been at the pub talking boats over a cold beer:D.
I know, the excuses are getting old but had to bail out my bro.
See ya next weekend:drink:
Josh

Perfectmix 05-23-2005 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Woah---I didn't know Grand Traverse was holding a poker run and I also didn't know there is a race from Grand Haven to Boyne City!

I am about 80% sure I will do the Boyne Thunder Poker Run on the 15th/16th , but just haven't signed up for it yet until I know for sure, and then leave my boat up there for the Fun Run on the following weekend.

Anyway, sounds like a lot of nice offshore events happening up north this year and my engines have just been finished, and will be running on the water here in short order. So I plan on enjoying some of these events up north this summer, and look forward in getting to meet some of you other guys that will be up there with your hardware. It will be nice to finally have my hog back in the water again.

Have engines will travel.

Kaama-
It seems like the sport is coming back around. The Poker Run on Gt Bays is run by a few locals out of Elk Rapids, Last year we had 35 entries and it goes like this:
1st card-Elk Rapids
2nd card-Power Island, W.Bay
3rd card-Clinch Park-T.C.
4th card-Omena Harbor(Suttons Bay)
5th card-Old Mission
6th card-Park Shore Grill, S.East Bay
7th card-Elk Rapids
Pig Roast and card draw in Elk Rapids Harbor.
Entertainment at Town Club Bar, within walking distance of Harbor.
This P.R. is cheep to enter, it's not a sponsored event and it's set up as a charity. It is simply boaters having a good time. Best hand is $2000.00 and usually everyone wins something. I just wish it wasn't the same day as the Fun Run.
I'm really looking forward to meeting more people involved in this hobby. Good luck with your new mills:drink:
Josh