Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   who builds reliable efi motors (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94794-who-builds-reliable-efi-motors.html)

porkchop racing 01-20-2005 03:12 PM

Re: who builds reliable efi motors

mr. western , the article was in july of 04 in powerboat. it seems some people are taking offense to this. if i am not as knowlagble as others than so be it. i know what i read . you read the article and read what tmp has put on here and tell me it's not 2 different stories , i see that they advertise here ,so i expect some backlash.

mr. stormrider , i wolud like to get efi, they idle better . i may have to save some more and that's ok by me.

mr. thunderusone , does that article read different to you? please tell me , that's why i came to oso , i was told i can get good, solid , information here.

mr. tmp , those are outboard class , not flats
j givono

Sean H 01-20-2005 03:18 PM

what doesn't match up with that article and what is on here.... I have only heard good things about TMP....

porkchop racing 01-20-2005 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
what doesn't match up with that article and what is on here.... I have only heard good things about TMP....

ok , i read the article in the july powerboat ,mr. tmp says that he is 23 or 4(age) . i was told that on oso you can get good info ,so i come here today , my step brother came here i think on last thursday and something happened with this web site. he was porkchops , i'm porkchop , no S . so , i do a search for totalmp to see what info i can find , i click on the link and this guy says he's been building race engines for 20 years. this post was in 2002.

so ,take 24 , subtract 20 i get 4. he started building engines when he was 4? so which is it?

i cut and copied the link. it is in post # 8. i'm sorry if he is mad. i am just reading 2 things that don't add up. should i do something different? or is my subtraction off?

Dave M 01-20-2005 03:35 PM

TMP,

Nice website! Just one comment, change the title on your homepage so when it is added to favorites it says something more descriptive than "homepage".

When you say "complete engine", what is listed is what is included? Exhaust and other accessories are not included?

Dave M.

Jassman 01-20-2005 04:03 PM

These TMP guys, who are Steven and Eddie I met about 4 years ago. I had a Active Thunder w/KE 675's that never ran correctly and never could get serviced. These guys fixed the majority of the problem, the boat ran awesome afterwards. I presently have a 4300 Nortech with TMP 750 EFI. Best fricken motors I have ever had. The only problem I had was a bad design on a manufactures gasket, they fixed it for free and then gave me 2 free oil changes for my inconvience. I was in and out in 1 hour 10 minutes. They both jumped in and took care of it right away. I will be building some 875's-925's and they definatly will be getting my business. PORKCHOP, I am no way affaliated with TMP, just a satisfied customer. Jeff Jassby

warlocking 01-20-2005 04:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by porkchop racing
ok , i read the article in the july powerboat ,mr. tmp says that he is 23 or 4(age) . i was told that on oso you can get good info ,so i come here today , my step brother came here i think on last thursday and something happened with this web site. he was porkchops , i'm porkchop , no S . so , i do a search for totalmp to see what info i can find , i click on the link and this guy says he's been building race engines for 20 years. this post was in 2002.

so ,take 24 , subtract 20 i get 4. he started building engines when he was 4? so which is it?

i cut and copied the link. it is in post # 8. i'm sorry if he is mad. i am just reading 2 things that don't add up. should i do something different? or is my subtraction off?

are you looking to find a good engine builder,or did you just come on here to bash tmp?your obviosly not going to use him,so why keep yapping?

wannabe 01-20-2005 04:26 PM

Innovation Marine 600 hp EFI in florida for my $ .02 worth.

Hey, the guy is asking a question. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. He seems to have explained himself.

Wannabe

porkchop racing 01-20-2005 04:32 PM

mr,. jassman , that is pretty interior. is that yours?

thank you mr. wannabe , i said i was new. people just start pounding me. gosh. i can't help that i am looking really in depth on this. it's not like candy bar purchase.

amarket1 01-20-2005 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by warlocking
are you looking to find a good engine builder,or did you just come on here to bash tmp?your obviously not going to use him,so why keep yapping?

Hey this guy is just trying to find out info before he makes a big purchase.If he has his info mixed up then that is between TMP and him.This board does not need people like you telling someone new to this site to shut the @uck up.That is low class.How do you know he is not going to use TMP he is just asking questions before rather than after.It is people like yourself that keep people from posting questions on this site.Also I don't think that TMP would like you telling a prospective customer to shut the @uck up.

totalmp 01-20-2005 05:06 PM

Porkchop,

Its apparent that you misread the post that you linked to. I didn't even post on that thread. That was Dean Campbell, who was asking if anyone has ever done business with myself or my company. No where do I say that I've been building engines for 20 yrs. My partner as well as members of my staff have well over 20 yrs experience building engines for both race and pleasure applications.
Mr Campbell is now a very satisfied customer who bought a pair of 775HP EFI's, that actually made over 830HP.
The flatbottom team was Flat Crazy, and hydro's aren't outboards.

Regardless of my age, our products and customer service speak for themselves. I'm not upset about anything you wrote. Just don't understand why if you're so confused, you couldn't just ask me. Everyone here will tell you I'm very easy to get in touch with, and am happy to clarify any confusion. If you're serious about EFI engines that make real power, and come with 1 yr warranty, give us a call.

Dave M,

Each engine package is custom built to each individual customers application. Some of the packages include exhaust, and all packages include full accessories. Which were you interested in? Feel free to call me to discuss any of our engine packages.

Steve