Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   who builds reliable efi motors (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94794-who-builds-reliable-efi-motors.html)

DollaBill 01-21-2005 07:48 AM

Re: who builds reliable efi motors

well, at least I'm not in this pissing contest.:)

JCPERF 01-21-2005 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by ONESICKGLADIATOR
Here is a motor JCPERF assemble for me. :eek:
It makes 800+ on pump gas :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rick OSG

Ill take that as a compliment Rick.You have to be good to make 800 from that. :D :D Ho w she runnin anyway.I thought you were painting her tangerine. :evilb: :evilb:

WesSmith 01-21-2005 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by ONESICKGLADIATOR
Here is a motor JCPERF assemble for me. :eek:
It makes 800+ on pump gas :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rick OSG

...and to think I was actually considering putting a pair of his motors in my APACHE !!!!!!
:D

C_Spray 01-21-2005 08:18 AM

Sorry to hijack this little party, but I'll add my vote for Innovation 600's. I've got a pair, and couldn't be happier.

vette131 01-21-2005 08:31 AM

i haven't heard a single customer of tmp that isn't happy or thrilled with tmp's products
or work. base your opinion of a business on there customers, not on those they chose to
turn down work for. open i hope when you finally get your boat running you dont have any problems with the motor. it would be unfortunate that the stand up guys at precision would
take the rap for the parts, you provided, failing. thats precisly why tmp turned you away.
with the power of the internet business owners need to be very careful, or someone could blast there business for all to see. considering your attacks on tmp, even though you have no experience as a customer, indicates to me tmp made the right call turning your business away. sometimes the best decisions you make are when you chose not to do business with someone. i was at tmp last night & 2 1400hp hydraulic cam motors were apart for freshening after over 100 hard hours & they looked great. feel free to stop by & have a look for your self. the guys at tmp aren't gods but they are some of the most
anally meticulous engine builders i've ever met. mike

amarket1 01-21-2005 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman
What I heard was It's the same USED parts OPEN wanted TMP to put together for his motor, and then do it for cheap and guarentee it, obviously they said no. So thats why the parts still sit at Precision. It's been an ongoing battle, very childish, even to the exstent that He paid for Precisions membership to get back at TMP. The funny thing to me is, the two shops do get along, its unfortunate that OPEN has a problem and its evident that his motors will never be put together, he would rather be behind a board than be out on the water, WITH US ALL. ERIC all you have to do is say IM Sorry. And Hell yes, you should have kissed me. :p :D first time you saw me. Life's to short

Not that it is any of my business but I have seen Erics engine parts and they are anything but used. If you call a new Merlin block,Canfield heads and JE pistons and Eagle rotating assy used parts well then I do not know what to tell you.I have seen these parts with my own 2 eyes when Mark and Billy did my motor.

Jassman 01-21-2005 09:00 AM

Used and new parts dont go good together, especially certain combinations. It is the engine builders responsibility, since they are giving the warranty, has the right to choose his parts, especially since they are proven. Why Jimmy Rig something together cause you have some parts, then when they fail you MF the company. Open hasnt been at the shop in 2 years, he has been numerously invited from TMP, to me the whole thing is childish. All I care about is boating, all this BS on this board lately is the same old offenders, that make it not fun for the one's that come on here for some fun and knowledge. Jeff

ONESICKGLADIATOR 01-21-2005 09:12 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Ill take that as a compliment Rick.You have to be good to make 800 from that. :D :D How she runnin anyway.I thought you were painting her tangerine. :evilb: :evilb:

Hey JC I must of hit the wrong pic :D :D :D

Rick OSG

offshoredrillin 01-21-2005 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
well, at least I'm not in this pissing contest.:)

For what its worth, I knew what you meant in the other verbal joust as well, I too have customers like that in my market. They want it all for nothing.Usually wind up being the pickiest and worst to deal with and are never satisfied.

Jeff, it always seems the truth comes out, i figured there was something driving the remarks, as far as payng for someones membership, that money should have been put to purchasing new parts. I'm quite sure that the guys at precision arent going to enjoy the light that open has cast upon them, I would box things up and hand them back. In my business I certainly not the least expensive, but as you stated its customer service that brings my customers back. cream always rises to the top. Kudos to Steve for not stooping, that was VERY professional of him...Rob

amarket1 01-21-2005 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman
Used and new parts dont go good together, especially certain combinations. It is the engine builders responsibility, since they are giving the warranty, has the right to choose his parts, especially since they are proven. Why Jimmy Rig something together cause you have some parts, then when they fail you MF the company. Open hasnt been at the shop in 2 years, he has been numerously invited from TMP, to me the whole thing is childish. All I care about is boating, all this BS on this board lately is the same old offenders, that make it not fun for the one's that come on here for some fun and knowledge. Jeff

Jassman,Not to get into a pissing match with you but do you build engines?Do you do machine work?Have you seen Eric's engine parts?Have you ever met or been to Prescion Marine?So hou would you know if his parts were new or used?Steve wanted to build his engine using his "bag o parts" as you call it.But they have had a diffrence of oponion and thayt is none of yous or mine business.My advice to you is stick with building houses not engines.By the way a whipple is throttle body injected and from TMP's post they build motors with whipples so why in your sig do you say not throttle body injected?Makes no sense to me.Please explain.Have a nice day.