Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Blizzard Of '05 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94897-blizzard-05-a.html)

rouxsterre 01-22-2005 07:39 PM

Re: Blizzard Of '05

It's really brutal here as well. Today it was down into the upper 70's. Tonight we are expecting temperatures to dip into the 60's. The news channels are interrupting regular programming with warnings - "For the love of God, get your pets inside. If you have any elderly relatives, stay in contact, etc." . . . there has been near panic at the local supermarkets for "survival - type" supplies - water, batteries, suntan lotion . . .

Pray for us. It's the Apocalypse.

marinetrans 01-22-2005 08:40 PM

I'm selling "yellow colored" snow cones, if anyones interested (fat free too).

redfountain420s 01-22-2005 08:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
got about 8-10 inches and still snowing, but the atv with tracks is an animal :D :D

Hauling Trash 01-22-2005 09:51 PM

I just got home from work 15 hrs of plowing , got to go back at 6am.

Mike

SpeedGirl 01-22-2005 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by marinetrans
I'm selling "yellow colored" snow cones, if anyones interested (fat free too).

High in protein too?? :eek:

marinetrans 01-22-2005 10:10 PM

SpeedGirl, high in protein? (maybe). But I sure to give a work out for the both of us (good for our hearts). Let me know if you need a hand.

Audiofn 01-22-2005 10:50 PM

Just got done doing the driveway. I basically gave up. It is coming down so hard that when you are done you have to do it all over again. For some odd reason the damn snow plows are going past my house like every 5 min or so!!! :mad: :mad: All I can say is that the damn 8hp snow blower was working hard and the snow was up to the top of it. Tomarrow AM is going to SUCK.

R Addiction 01-22-2005 10:52 PM

Roux, We'll be thinkin' of ya when that state busts off into the pacific!! :rolleyes:

BonnieOutlaw 01-23-2005 07:01 AM

We were supposed to get in excess of 20 inches yesterday and today. I'm a tad disappointed because I think we only got 18 inches. :D

Took the kids out snowmobiling yesterday...they're troppers and we went 60 miles. (I know, that's not far, but two of the drivers were 12 and 14, and one was 10). We had a ball! While everybody else is cowering in their houses hoping to stay warm - we're out there livin it up. :D

WesSmith 01-23-2005 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by BonnieOutlaw
We were supposed to get in excess of 20 inches yesterday and today. I'm a tad disappointed because I think we only got 18 inches. :D

Took the kids out snowmobiling yesterday...they're troppers and we went 60 miles. (I know, that's not far, but two of the drivers were 12 and 14, and one was 10). We had a ball! While everybody else is cowering in their houses hoping to stay warm - we're out there livin it up. :D

Hard to tell exactly how much we got here so far...but I would guess somewhere close to two feet.... :mad: :rolleyes: ....we're on the north shore of Long Island.