Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best Lake to Live / Boat on??? >

Best Lake to Live / Boat on???

Notices

Best Lake to Live / Boat on???

Old 01-24-2005, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Best Lake to Live / Boat on???

by the way the lift is out of the water in these pics

(I know someone will ask)
Old 01-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad
Lake Murary SC. Near Columbia.
I have been here for about 20 years and like it very well.
Very low cost of living compared to what your used to.
Very Nice Lake there But!! you have to know the waters there one sec.you can be running in what you think is 50 or 60 ft of water and it's only about 5 or 6 inches lotta shallow places.. and BTW have they repaired the Dam & reraised the Lake.?

Pssstt just another input about low water & rocks cost me over $16.000 for a nice 1 day there once running upon rock's "idleing". you outta see the pictures
Old 01-24-2005, 10:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MovinOn
Very Nice Lake there But!! you have to know the waters there one sec.you can be running in what you think is 50 or 60 ft of water and it's only about 5 or 6 inches lotta shallow places.. and BTW have they repaired the Dam & reraised the Lake.?

Pssstt just another input about low water & rocks cost me over $16.000 for a nice 1 day there once running upon rock's "idleing". you outta see the pictures
When did this happen? I have not had a problem in twenty years, the lake is clearly maked at normal levels!
Old 01-24-2005, 10:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Brad
When did this happen? I have not had a problem in twenty years, the lake is clearly maked at normal levels!
Well apparently you haven't boated very far down the Lake.. There are lots of shallow spots and if you are famular with where they hold the radar runs as you start under the bridge there on both side altho it's clearly marked "shallow" to My stupidy we ran aground & hung it up on the rock's wasn't a pleasant feeling to my pocket book.. And My Question, do you have lots water Now ? Because last summer we were going to venture back there again and was told they would be working on dam for 2 tio 3 years & water was down.. Not Debating the Lake it's a GREAT Lake only Know the Waters you boat in is all I was talking about.

Last edited by MovinOn; 01-24-2005 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MovinOn
Well apparently you haven't boated very far down the Lake.. There are lots of shallow spots and if you are famular with where they hold the radar runs as you start under the bridge there on both side altho it's clearly marked "shallow" to My stupidy we ran aground & hung it up on the rock's wasn't a pleasant feeling to my pocket book.. And My Question, do you have lots water Now ? Because last summer we were going to venture back there again and was told they would be working on dam for 2 tio 3 years & water was down.. Not Debating the Lake it's a GREAT Lake only Know the Waters you boat in is all I was talking about.
MovinOn,
I have not been out on the lake but once since the water was dropped, and I agree the lake was very dangerous at the lowered levels. The water is back up and it is actually much higher than normal for this time a year! I sold my boat a couple of years ago because of the lowering of the water. before the boat was sold it had been in almost every part of the lake at one time or another. In 2001 I won best graphics at the outlaw shootout. This season shuld be a great boating season on Lake Murray.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by epeek
How about Lake George N.Y. ? The average shack is 1.5 mil. Boating lasts
about 4 months. Taxes are 8-15 K per year. Pretty much no jobs local.
But the water is crystal clear,the mountains are beautiful,the beer flows
freely and you couldn't meet better people if you tried. I wouldn't want
to be anywhere else.

Come on now Rick. You know that you get get a could tear down house for a little under a million around here.

Well said though. I wouldnt live anyplace else !!
Old 01-24-2005, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great input! My soon-to-be wife and I will look into these options.
We do wanna have kids in next 2 years, so that's a definite consideration.
LOTO sounds more and more appealing, as does the prelimenary research we did on Lake Travis....Any more ideas would be welcome! Research time! Best regards all! Dave
Old 01-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Registered

I have not been to Lotto yet, but I have to say Lake Travis is probably the nicest around. Great city, great people, and good weather except for the heat in August.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:50 PM
Registered

bang for you buck lake Cumberland KY

http://www.lakecumberland.com
Old 01-24-2005, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
Have two building companies at the lake. Porta Cima developments are Lake Luxury Homes. Four seasons projects are under Ozark Properties. call me if your looking for anything we have alot of nice homes going up right now. jim 636 236-4141
Wiggler, I have a condo at Parkview Bay, LOTO. My wife and I are going to transition into a home in the next 12-24 months. I'm getting tired of the condo scene with the shared dock. I have 2 best friends in Porta Cima, but my wife wants to see if we can find something on the east side first. She is not big on going over the community bridge every time she wants to go to the mall, or wherever. Our favorite cove is Cove 6. Most of it is already built on. Do you do any work in that cove? Not sure if you are doing any realestate work or just building new?

Last edited by Mentalpause; 01-24-2005 at 06:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Best Lake to Live / Boat on???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.