If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    1998 454 22 SCARAB
    Stuck In a Cuban Prison Camp

Talking Re: New Boat Search Help Needed

For 300K it better do more than all!!!!!!!!

1000 Islands/Ottawa Ontario

Re: New Boat Search Help Needed

Check out Wellcraft's 26 Excalibur, Scarab Hull, 502 Bravo, and a big ass cockpit, it's set up real well for family outings, and can still get up and run. There should be some used ones on BoatTrader that will fit your budget.

S.O.B (single O/B) now Platinum Member t500hps's Avatar
    Richmond VA

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast B
    PQConquest.... I was on the 248 Monterey and thought the cabin was nice, but haven't been able to find a 268 to get on. Did you happen to compare these two boats? I'm wondering if the 268 has any more cabin head room than the 248 does? Or if the cabin is any bigger than the 248. It might be same boat with longer stern which would mean same cabin. I'm 6'2" and the head was just a little short in the 248. I thought the Monterey really puts together a nice boat, I was impressed. I'd love the 298, but it's illegal to tow over 8'6" here.

Chaparral makes a 28, but again, it's 9'3" wide....
    I tow 29-31 ft cruisers around all the time at 10 ft beam... Va has an 8'6" limit as well, but as long as your not breaking other laws they don't bother you. With a 26-27 ft hull at something less than 10ft wide I wouldn't worry about.

My Boats:
    G. E. Submarine 1945 Long and Deep
    Dallas, Texas

Slap a trailer under the Sunseeker
    The twins are small block 260hp 350 cubic inch. Lotta boat for the money and your usage, under 50k with a trailer. Single engine would be under powered and you will trade up to soon. Look at some pictures before you rule it out. A lot like the Formula SS and in you budget. Pretty much all the boats with a larger cockpit are over 8'6" wide.

VIP Member VIP Member MILD THUNDER's Avatar
    My Boats:
    38 Fountain

How about a Four Winns Liberator 241? Lots of cockpit room and freeboard, cabin with fridge, sink, tv, 2 bimini tops, Handles the big water pretty good. Has a brand New 540 and brvao Hp drive, New trailer with 4whl disc brakes and custom wheels. Great family/go-fast with a 65-70 top speed. Hulls in very good shape and solid like a rock. Can be had for under 25k. Holds 100 gallons of fuel, and 15gal of water. Boat is an 87 but it was redone in 03. All it needs is a new stereo head unit which I plan on putting in as soon as the weather brakes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12