Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Gettin burried in Jersey ! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94962-gettin-burried-jersey.html)

Gizmo 01-23-2005 09:39 AM

Re: Gettin burried in Jersey !

We got lucky, again, here in the Richmond area........ The bulk of the storm missed us. Still we have about 1/4 inch of ice laying around. Unlike you guys up north, that much ice, just about paralyzes this area. Folks go ape s__t trying to drive. The good news is, The temperature is supposed to get into the upper 40's to low 50's later this week. Just in time for the Chill-out. :drink: :drink: :drink:

NJgr8ful 01-23-2005 12:59 PM

I haven't been home to Lanoka Harbor (business), but up here in nawth joisey it is pretty deep. One thing I have to say though this 496 'Burb rocks in the 2'-3'rs!! Snow drifts that is :D :D

DPT MOTORSPORTS 01-23-2005 01:21 PM

Bern,

You all dug out yet???

Panther 01-23-2005 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by njgr8ful
I haven't been home to Lanoka Harbor (business), but up here in nawth joisey it is pretty deep. One thing I have to say though this 496 'Burb rocks in the 2'-3'rs!! Snow drifts that is :D :D

Ahh yes, I've been playing with my burb the past few days. That darn thing LOVES the snow! I think we got about 15 inches or so here in Eatontown, roads are still pretty sloppy and snow packed.

berns29scarab 01-23-2005 06:02 PM

i spent the evening and the AM in a 2003 chevy 3500 duallie crew duramax doing some unburiels...have an xtra 100 gallon fuel tank and approx 400 lbs of play sand...truck is unstopable

mopower 01-23-2005 06:18 PM

'bout a foot in Gloucester coounty (south)NJ :mad: :mad: :mad:

McGary911 01-23-2005 07:33 PM

I'd say about a foot and a half in Belmar. I'm right on the beach.....all the wind off the ocean created some pretty sick drifts.......

bojoe2 01-23-2005 08:10 PM

whats up bern and dennis we got about 1 ft up north counting down the days to miami.

DPT MOTORSPORTS 01-23-2005 09:02 PM

I am sure we got 3/4 of a foot of snow here. Tough to really tell with the way the wind blew it and now that I am shoveled out. Hoping I can make it to Miami. We will see.

SOX 01-23-2005 09:20 PM

about 8" here, but the snow drifts are crazy so far. I live in a wide open area of farmland without much to block the wind. My driveway is over 350' long We've plowed it 4 times since yesterday with drift over 3'. some parts of my yard are grassy and others have 4' drifts my 10 year old was sledding down. Oh well I don't mind ... the Eagles are going to the Super Bowl! :D