Notices

HydroHoist help

Old 01-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HydroHoist help

Not that much to one make sure the air pump runs and were it pivots isn't worn out most of the parts you can get at a hardware store just make sure it is level when you install it and put on new hoses.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bob

When I bought my lift it was disassembled and in the parking lot at Hammond Marina. I hired a couple of the local experts to help me put it together and launch it. Its more than I need but lifts the boat nicely and I can go bigger in the future and not have to retool.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:58 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob-

pics coming this morning. Got caught up in a deal last night. Sorry!!
Old 01-28-2005, 08:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I picked up a used one last year for $4k - side tie unit - works great - on my '99 35 Fountain.
Attached Thumbnails HydroHoist help-fountain-lift.jpg  
Old 01-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scott
US1 what the heck is that thing? who makes it?
All the Hydrohoists I've seen look similar to this.
That would be a Poylift. I think they are made in Mo. Structurally same as a HH but the tanks are made of some type of plastic. Over an inch thick I believe. I have had both and think the plastics are alot stronger.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:36 AM
Registered

I think the Hydrohoists with the white walkways along the top of the pontoons are like 10 years old at least. I looked at one last summer and called Hydrohoist in OK to ask about it. They said stay away from it - the walkways tend to break when you walk on them(!?!?). I ended up finding a used 10,000 lb unit for $4K. plus 1500 or so to transport & install.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bigd1
I think the Hydrohoists with the white walkways along the top of the pontoons are like 10 years old at least. I looked at one last summer and called Hydrohoist in OK to ask about it. They said stay away from it - the walkways tend to break when you walk on them(!?!?). I ended up finding a used 10,000 lb unit for $4K. plus 1500 or so to transport & install.
They changed the walkways from fiberglass to plastic. As far as I know they are still white. The fiberglass walkways can get soft but are easy to repair especially if your saving big$$$ over the cost of a new lift.
BTW my lift pictured above is old and never had to do anything with the walkway other than paint them.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:30 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Okay educate me. Are you drilling the docks as a means to secure the "pontoon" to the dock? If so, why not tie it off to the cleats?

What kind of power is used to operate the pumps?

Who did the transport and install for $1500?

I see the one on the Bob cat trailer, but how would one normally transport or yank it out of the water for cleaning/maintenance?

buyafountain.com do you have pics of yours? how old?

What are the cons of having one of these, especially when used in saltwater/tidal conditions?

I think that about covers it, thanks in advance...
Old 01-28-2005, 03:33 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 42MTI
That would be a Poylift. I think they are made in Mo. Structurally same as a HH but the tanks are made of some type of plastic. Over an inch thick I believe. I have had both and think the plastics are alot stronger.
Actually it is a Galva Lift, but the same as the Polylift. We stopped where the Polt lift was made and talked with the owner 2 yrs ago when we were looking to purchase 3 lifts at a group price. He used to work for Galva-Lift, but went out on his own. Thus why both brands look identicle. Our dealer is only 1 hr from home, vs MO's 4 hrs. I agree on the tanks. NO WAY will mine be punctured. Seen to many H/H FG tanks repaired to even consider them. PLus Galva Lift has additional bracing over H/H. I feel it is a better product for less $$.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Reckless32
Okay educate me. Are you drilling the docks as a means to secure the "pontoon" to the dock? If so, why not tie it off to the cleats?

What kind of power is used to operate the pumps?

The mounts bolt to the docks, not the pontoons. Some just clamp The have to be secured because of the weight when they are down. Cleats won't hold them from going to the bottom.

A simple air pump is all it takes to operate these. Kinda like a heavy duty bilge blower. They don't work off pressure, but by displacing the water with air. They move alot of volume.I bet there is no more than a few pounds of pressure in the tanks,if that. You could actually raise your boat out of the water by blowing in the tanks yourself, if you don't die from getting light headed first. PLus it will take you a LONG time.

Quick Reply: HydroHoist help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.