Ford to recall 792,000 F-150 pickups, SUVs

Notices

Ford to recall 792,000 F-150 pickups, SUVs

Old 01-27-2005, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Ford to recall 792,000 F-150 pickups, SUVs

Click here

Just in case you don't read my 'Hey Nordee' thread I didn't want you to miss this.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:07 PM
Registered

Default Re: Ford to recall 792,000 F-150 pickups, SUVs

Wasabe, Let me ring in here. This is very typical of Ford. They knew many years ago about this problem but the way Ford works is that they will wait till the last minute hoping that this known flaw will burn up as many Fords as possible. This way when the Government forces them to recall the vehicles their aren't that many left. This is how Ford operates. They don't give a S**T about customers. Remember the Firestone debacle? Well there were a lot of other SUV and pickups that used those tires. They never had a problem with them. Just Ford. This is because the front suspension of the Explorer was the biggest POS ever to be put on the front of a truck. Notice the redesign came in a hurry shortly after the height of the Ford Firestone firestorm. Ford had deeper pockets. They were able to hire real engineers that were far too overqualified to work in their design dept to say the problem was with Firestone. I personally don't believe it.

The bottom line is FORD SUCKS ANYTHING IT CAN GET ITS MOUTH AROUND!
Old 01-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ford is the best tow vehicle...Yeaaaaa Right...As a Autobody repairman for the last 13 yrs, I don't know where to begin about the problems that Ford has with the F-150.Each week I change out 3-4 frames on F-150,Expeditions,Navigators due to the great quality of there frames.Just remember, don't plow snow, go off road, bend the ft bumper, hit a pot-hole, or a possum on the road , or you to will be putting a new frame under your truck. The best advise for F-150 owners,Sell them. Consider a Chevy or Dodge. Chevy has the best frames in the truck industry. Gm hydra-forms all of there front sections on the frames and uses a box type style for there mid section and stamped section for the rear.Ford uses a thin C- channel frame which is very weak.This is why they are having so many problems over at Ford. When you start with a cheap foundation,You get a cheap product. To all that own one,Dont take it to personal, just trying to give you a insight into the problems regarding there frames and other problems with there trucks.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:24 PM
Registered

Thumbs down Re: Ford to recall 792,000 F-150 pickups, SUVs

Wow, I remember that very well. Wasn't it the Florida accident when the women rolled her car and killed her kid? Or something like that.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Registered

Ford sucks and so does every company ford owns. I will never buy from any of those companies.