Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My Visit to Dick's Performance Marine:aka Mr Gadgets (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95296-my-visit-dicks-performance-marine-aka-mr-gadgets.html)

open87 02-27-2005 07:26 PM

Re: My Visit to Dick's Performance Marine:aka Mr Gadgets

clean shop !!!!

Scooter 02-27-2005 07:41 PM

Dick the shop looks great, but when do you have time to watch TV. And thanks again for the ride 2 years ago or so, yes been that long or longer best of luck to you and the shop.

Scooter

Traverse city

Scooter 02-27-2005 07:43 PM

Almost forgot when is dave and the group getting together for another turkey cook out? That was a good time and people.

KAAMA 03-06-2005 10:47 AM

Dick rebuilt my XR's about 2 years ago. We had to install new pinion gears, bearings, etc. He mic'd EVERYTHING, and blueprinted my drives for proper fit and assembly. Since that time I ran the boat for about 15-20 hours or so on the drives he rebuilt for me, and had him dis-assemble them for inspection------everything looked great. He is great to work with---and besides that Dick's shop is only about 5 miles away from the Skater Factory in Douglas/Saugatuck. :)

Waterfoul 03-06-2005 10:52 AM

Dick, is that the same barn in the back yard???? IF so, holy cow!!!!

Mr Gadgets 03-08-2005 06:15 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I didnt see this post until it was mentioned to me by RaceGirl3..

Hey Dennis those pics look pretty nice!! Thank you for posting them!! And thank you for the business!! Dennis and Deb are real stand up people!! I enjoyed their company!

Scooter, has it really been two years?? That was a great party and we need to do that again. Maybe this summer.. Dave!!!!

Foul, this is an addition I added to the barn. I have been working on it for a year and a half.. and I like it!!! So nice to have a real space to work.

Mark, are you going to the C.O.P.S. party this weekend.. I and Mrs Gadgets will be there!! Looking forward to meeting people..

Thank you all again for the compliments..

Dick

Ms PatriYacht 03-08-2005 06:28 PM

Hey Dick great looking shop, it is cleaner than most of the rooms in my house :D
I have an idea :eureka: since you are so close to the Skater plant, why not invite some of the guys back to your place for a demonstration. This way you won't have to give the after dinner talk on "Everything You Wanted To Know About Outdrives But Were Afraid to Ask"
Seriously if you want I can mention it in the pre party email in case there is interest.

Mr Gadgets 03-08-2005 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok.. here's a shot of the other side of the place..
Thats the wife's boat..

I hope this works..

Mr Gadgets 03-08-2005 07:02 PM

Thank you Ms PY... I was hoping to head for the happy hour.. but if someone wants to visit the shop, we could do that. I seriously think dinner and drinks will be on most people's mind..

fred 03-08-2005 08:36 PM

Nice shop Dick.....you working out of Lansing still?....Fred