Notices

Lambo and Supra video

Old 01-31-2005, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: Lambo and Supra video

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Well if were doing 5K in upgrades ..Put the same 5K in a viper ..
That motor was designed for that car ..then they made a steel block version for the truck.
You guys have been watching that gay movie with all the nitrous in it ..what was it called ?
Man that movie sucked oh ya fake and furious
You can try to slam people who have Supras all you want, but in the end a modified Supra can definitly make you look like an idiot on the street and it does not take Nitrous to do it. Understand that the Supra engine was "Designed" for it as well. The difference is it was "Designed" so well that you can up the HP dramatically for a few thousand dollars (Change out the intake, exhaust, add a down pipe, boost controller, and a front mount intercooler; basically bolt on parts) without having to touch the lower half (Pistons, cams, etc...). I've never seen anyone with a Viper achieve the same results without having to completely tear down the motor.

Viper, ferrari, lambo, porsche are all great cars and I would like to have one of each, but I also understand that just because you buy a name doesn't mean that there will not be someone out there who is faster than you.

Old 01-31-2005, 11:49 AM
Registered

Default Re: Lambo and Supra video

You guys going back and forth are just silly. There was a quote I heard a long time ago and has always been true.

"There will always be someone more _____ than you" (fast, rich, stupid, etc.)

Let's see here....I can go buy a 1500 hp something or another and put it in some piece of crap and it will go faster than all of them in a straight line.

Toyota Supra...awesome design and engineering especially in the engine department. But c'mon....you'll take a Supra over a Lambo...yeah....RIGHT!
Old 01-31-2005, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't get me wrong I love the Vipers and am a big Dodge fan. But as far as HP goes the Supra is the king. Their blocks can handle more horsepower than any of the marine engines I have seen on this site. It can also make more than 95% of the engines I have seen on this site. Keep in mind that the little Supra engine is only 182 cu-in and is pushing 1400 HP in some cases. I can assure you that a not only will a Supra kick your butt in a drag race but it will also kill you in a roll on to top end. If you don't think the Supra can hit 200+ MPH then you're crazy. Supra's dominate the street because they have a mill that can handle the power like NO OTHER CAR. If you have never seen the Supra engine I can tell you it is a work of art. No expense was spared to make this engine bullet-proof and even at over 1000 HP it's potential has not been reached. I loved working with the Supra engines because it offered you a blank check of potential. If you think the power of the Lambo, C6 Vette, or viper is impressive you can't imagine how hard an 800+ Supra can put you in the seat and do so from a 70 roll. It is close to being in fighter jet that blast past the Lambo. You think why would someone want to compare an F-16 to a Lambo? Well it is the same question you will ask yourself after one 28 pound boost hit in the Supra. Until you experience it you are clueless.

Roby
Old 01-31-2005, 12:03 PM
Registered

I agree with you quote 100%.

I never said that I would take a Supra over a Lambo. I already own a Supra, I can not afford a Lambo yet, but hope to some day.

I love the design of cars like that including the Mclaren, Porsche, and others. It's not always about how fast the car is as much as it is the design and fun experience driving them. For example I would really like to own an older ferrari 308 GTS or Jaguar XKE convertible roadsters someday as well.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:10 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mslr11
I have a friend that has a '96 Supra he converted from twin turbo to single turbo, has much dinero in the engine, supsension, exhaust, body kit, and has pulled on some Hayabusas on the highway. He has churned out over 800hp on dyno in Chicago. I would definitely post some pics and numbers if I can get my hands on them.
Who is that, Marcus Frost or Mike Carlin you are referring to ? I know its not Marco because he puts down more power than that and has no body kit.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:26 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by robyw1
I can assure you that a not only will a Supra kick your butt in a drag race but it will also kill you in a roll on to top end.
Most T Supra owners dont like to or want to race from a dig / stop. There are exceptions, but most do not.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by robyw1
Don't get me wrong I love the Vipers and am a big Dodge fan. But as far as HP goes the Supra is the king. Their blocks can handle more horsepower than any of the marine engines I have seen on this site. It can also make more than 95% of the engines I have seen on this site. Keep in mind that the little Supra engine is only 182 cu-in and is pushing 1400 HP in some cases. I can assure you that a not only will a Supra kick your butt in a drag race but it will also kill you in a roll on to top end. If you don't think the Supra can hit 200+ MPH then you're crazy. Supra's dominate the street because they have a mill that can handle the power like NO OTHER CAR. If you have never seen the Supra engine I can tell you it is a work of art. No expense was spared to make this engine bullet-proof and even at over 1000 HP it's potential has not been reached. I loved working with the Supra engines because it offered you a blank check of potential. If you think the power of the Lambo, C6 Vette, or viper is impressive you can't imagine how hard an 800+ Supra can put you in the seat and do so from a 70 roll. It is close to being in fighter jet that blast past the Lambo. You think why would someone want to compare an F-16 to a Lambo? Well it is the same question you will ask yourself after one 28 pound boost hit in the Supra. Until you experience it you are clueless.

Roby
Bwahahahahaha
Old 01-31-2005, 12:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jamie B.
Most T Supra owners dont like to or want to race from a dig / stop. There are exceptions, but most do not.
True, those were the radial guys We used slicks with great success but found ourselves going those twin disc clutches pretty quick.... even from a roll

Roby
Old 01-31-2005, 12:37 PM
Registered

Oh what a feelin
The Viper GTS-R earned five international GT championships including the 1999 and 2000 American Le Mans Series GTS class titles and the 1997-1999 FIA GT Championships. The Viper finished 1-2 in the GTS class in three consecutive years –1998-2000 – and notched an amazing overall win at the 2000 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona, the first for an American production-based car.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:00 PM
Registered

Apples and oranges, Lambo's are classic style "dated" but stylish none the less. A status symbol. BUT on a perf. aspect they are uncomfortable load ugly inside and too much money. Put 100k in a supra, and you'll have twice the car period. I've had the pleasure of working on some of the 2JZGTE motors and they are bulletproof. To each their own. You want to get stuck in your seat from a roll @ 60mph. get a supra and build it. You want to break necks get a lambo. Both cars fit both rolls but each has its niche.

Quick Reply: Lambo and Supra video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.