Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Gasparilla, anybody go and shoot pix?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95438-gasparilla-anybody-go-shoot-pix.html)

Formula Outlaw 01-29-2005 05:23 PM

Gasparilla, anybody go and shoot pix??

Anyone go to the Gasparilla event today in Tampa and shoot some pix they could share. Looks like the weather was decent.

I know the OPBA club was planning an "invasion" of their own and raft up near the hospital to watch the festivities. I doubt any of those boys are anywhere near a computer yet, I'm sure they are still enjoying the "socialization" of the affair.

Anyway if anyone got any pix, please post. Thanks. Russ

Formula Outlaw 01-29-2005 09:26 PM

Re: Gasparilla, anybody go and shoot pix??

ttt

Donzi Corleone 01-30-2005 08:17 AM

No Way Do I Take My Hardware There To Ground Zero...

Formula Outlaw 01-30-2005 10:35 AM

Frank, you seem to be on the same page as most I've talked too. I know OPBA was going to make a run in, and from the meeting Thursday, at least a dozen or more were going to join the run. From the horror stories I've been told, don't think I'd ever do it either.

CigDaze 01-30-2005 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Speed2Lead
No Way Do I Take My Hardware There To Ground Zero...

Same here, I avoid that event like the plague. Too much stupidity.

Cig35Mistress 01-31-2005 10:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's a few photos taken from Jackson's on Harbor Island . . . nothing exciting boat wise, although the large old mahogany sportfisherman (Looks like an old Norseman, but I'm not sure) is a favorite of mine and I have seen it in St. Petersburg as well . . .

Harry

Cig35Mistress 01-31-2005 10:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
and a couple of more . . .

Chris L 01-31-2005 10:41 PM

Just what kind of event is it? Why avoid the event? Looks like boats to me. There must more to the event to cause such aggravation.

CigDaze 02-01-2005 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Chris L
Just what kind of event is it? Why avoid the event? Looks like boats to me. There must more to the event to cause such aggravation.

Idiots, drunks, not enough room to maneuver, etc....

A couple years ago, I saw some idiot try to come in with a 200' yacht into the harbor where there were literally thousands of other boats already there. It was chaos. Boats were flying all over the place and bouncing into one another. Another time, I saw some boat doing circles with no one aboard...imagine the consequences.

It's a lot of fun in theory, just frustrating if you're trying to take care of your boat.

Now, if you're on someone else's boat, the party's on. :D :drink: :evilb:

CigDaze 02-01-2005 07:10 AM

Oh ya, the best part...Mardi Gras rules apply. If you have beads, you see titties. :D :D :D