Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pantera & Active Thunder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95460-pantera-active-thunder.html)

excursion 01-31-2005 06:36 PM

Re: Pantera & Active Thunder

What are you all expecting top end? and what would the speed be with a stepped hull same boat set up?

I love that motor hatch!! :D

Ed 02-01-2005 09:09 AM

That engine hatch on the pleasure boat is a good design. No problem with the engines getting enough air, like some other boats, thats for sure. Also has plenty of flat step area on the sides with just enough cushion for the gals. :cool: Ed

JO - PANTERABOATS 02-01-2005 09:20 AM

This non stepped 36' powered by twin 525 EFIs will run in the 86 MPH range on GPS. Same set up with our new "twin stepped" bottom design in the 93-94 MPH range on GPS with a side by side set up.When we designed this new 36' deck we allowed enough room for a staggered engine set up.It is possible to make one of these 36' twin stepped of ours run close to 100 MPH with stock 525 EFIs.We got the twin stepped bottom design really working well.It turns perfect and eats up the rough.

Would like to try a staggered new Mercruiser 600 EFI set up in a full pleasure 36' Survivor in the near future and see what it does for performance.

Regards,

JO

DollaBill 02-01-2005 10:01 AM

Very nice!

Edward R. Cozzi 02-01-2005 10:05 AM

I heard a rumor that Pantera is developing a 32' that is going to blow away the competition.
Any truth here?

Stormrider 02-01-2005 10:05 AM

No one chiming in about ATH?
Someone is trying to make an educated decision here.

JO - PANTERABOATS 02-01-2005 10:12 AM

On the August 2000 issue of Powerboat magazine there was boat test done outside of Marathon in the Florida Keys in 4-6 footers and our 28' Pantera single was tested and so was the Active Thunder 28' Single.

I have our Powerboat test article put up on our Pantera website at www.Panteraboats.com

JO

Ed,

A 32' is in the works in the very near future.

JO

Edward R. Cozzi 02-01-2005 10:21 AM

I think it would be a good move.
It will fill the gap between the 28' and 36' and probably be more affordable than the 36' for a lot of customers.

Sydwayz 02-01-2005 10:23 AM

What do you want to know about AT?

I can run 77 in my 496HO full cabin single step 37 AT. The twin 525 boats are running upper eighties with full cabins, enclosed heads, corian countertops, TVs, AC, and all the fixings. Not sure what they would do with a stripped cabin.

I did not buy my AT to be the fastest boat on the water, but I am the most comfortable. I have been out in the nasty in at LOTO and the Chesapeake Bay several times, and been able to keep the throttle hammered when others boats with 500s, 525s, and 575s are slowing down to take less of a beating. The 37AT just eats up the big water, and it always turns perfect, pivoting on the same single step each time.

Edward R. Cozzi 02-01-2005 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
What do you want to know about AT?

I can run 77 in my 496HO full cabin single step 37 AT. The twin 525 boats are running upper eighties with full cabins, enclosed heads, corian countertops, TVs, AC, and all the fixings. Not sure what they would do with a stripped cabin.

I did not buy my AT to be the fastest boat on the water, but I am the most comfortable. I have been out in the nasty in at LOTO and the Chesapeake Bay several times, and been able to keep the throttle hammered when others boats with 500s, 525s, and 575s are slowing down to take less of a beating. The 37AT just eats up the big water, and it always turns perfect, pivoting on the same single step each time.

I, too, have heard that Patrick at AT has refined the step so the boat is very well behaved.
HOPE TO ACTUALLY EXPERIENCE IT SOME DAY...Pat, are you out there??