Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pantera & Active Thunder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95460-pantera-active-thunder.html)

ATPatrick 02-02-2005 10:25 AM

Re: Pantera & Active Thunder

3 Attachment(s)
The 28 is a straight, deep V. The 2004 up model is taken from the 32' AT mold which is an exceptionally fine running hull.

Originally Posted by Craney
How does Active Thunder stack up to a Pantera? I know the Pantera has a great ride I have a 28.How does the A.T. ride and speed compare to the Pantera???

Sydwayz 02-02-2005 10:36 AM

I saw that white/red 28AT while undergoing final touches in rigging with a 525EFI and the new style B1XR Drive. The boat is CLEAN and SHARP.

ATPatrick 02-02-2005 10:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
and the hardware.

Indy 02-02-2005 10:46 AM

That AT is sharp!!

Hessdk 02-02-2005 10:52 AM

ATPatrick, nice looking boat!! What prop are you running and what speed are you seeing?

Sydwayz 02-02-2005 10:56 AM

Hey, where the F is the compass? Oh yeah there it is. :D :D

I am going to make an assumption, and recommendation here though.

Most of the boat manufactures believe that boats such as the 32 footers and below are primarily local water travelling boats, i.e. short river runs and lakes. This may be true, but not always.

My recommendation is this, for anyone who reads this, including Pat and Jo. Even on the smaller boats, when building, include a built-in GPS infront of the driver. The compass is important too, but as a lake and river boater, even back with my 26 footer; I relied on my GPS for night travelling and and precise speed knowledge when testing, and would have rather NOT have had to aftermarket mount a handheld where I could see it like I did on my 26.

I like having the built in GPS on my 37. Having an afterthought stand off-the-dash handheld GPS squeezed in somewhere really detracts from the clean lines of the dashes nowadays, and damn near every boater uses a GPS. Then what do you do when you sell? Keep your whole GPS and mount, and leave holes in the dash? Sell it all with the boat, and buy a new one? Etc. etc. Just make it easier on us.

Sydwayz 02-02-2005 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My 37AT dash, with Compass and GPS. Yes, the GPS is over to the port a bit, but still fairly easy to read from the driver's position.

JO - PANTERABOATS 02-02-2005 11:07 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Do you mean like this ??

We have delivered in the last couple of years new 28' Single and twins that have the GPS mounted directly in front of the driver on the dash. The compass is also located with very easy visability.

Regards,

JO

JO - PANTERABOATS 02-02-2005 11:10 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Pic. 28' twin

JO - PANTERABOATS 02-02-2005 11:16 AM

3 Attachment(s)
28' Single 675 SC Sterling.