Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pantera & Active Thunder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95460-pantera-active-thunder.html)

DOMZ PANTERA 02-02-2005 11:17 AM

Re: Pantera & Active Thunder

Those are some BAD looking 28's!!!!!!!!! How good is the compass in front of the passenger if you are by yourself? DOMZ

Sydwayz 02-02-2005 11:22 AM

Yeah, I like that, not bad. I'd like to see all the manufactures move to that, Baja, Sonic, PQ, Checkmate, Fountain, etc. Its just easier and more pleasing to the eye.

Stormrider 02-02-2005 12:52 PM

Hey, Pepe would admit that his 24 is for inland use only. :rolleyes:
I guess that world record Miami to NY run was all done inside... not.
And the dash on the pantera has plenty of room for everything needed to run it.

Maybe i'm beating a dead horse here... sorry.

Edward R. Cozzi 02-03-2005 07:43 AM

If I was in the market for a new boat, I would be pretty hard-pressed to choose one or the other. Whichever you choose, you can't go wrong!

Craney 02-03-2005 04:44 PM

Ed I have a 28 Pantera and love it I just wanted to know how it stacked up to a Pantera.You wont find many companys that build a boat like a Pantera.Thanks Jo and Pepe for building a great boat.

JO - PANTERABOATS 02-03-2005 04:57 PM

You got It !!! If you need anything for it just let me know.

Thanks,

JO - Pantera Boats

ATPatrick 02-03-2005 05:54 PM

I'm confused so will back out of this one. You guys go have fun. We obviously are the object of your amusement.

Originally Posted by Craney
Ed I have a 28 Pantera and love it I just wanted to know how it stacked up to a Pantera.You wont find many companys that build a boat like a Pantera.Thanks Jo and Pepe for building a great boat.

hugetime1 02-03-2005 09:40 PM

joe, how is the new 32 comming along, that looks like a boat that would really do it for me, I have been looking for a while to step up to something bigger, but not to big. I really liked the new 30' cig, but just can't see 200k for a 30' v bottom.

MassiveThunder 02-04-2005 06:46 AM

wow....we go from the question of differences between a 28 Active Thunder and a 28 Pantera.To an ad for the Pantera 36.That should answer the question well.

MIAMIBOYZ 02-04-2005 08:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Top Banana
I just want to jump in here and add my 2 cents.

First of all I don't know anything at all about the Active Thunder boat. From everything I hear, it is a very good boat built by reputable people.

I do know about Pantera though. I raced against Pepe 30 years ago in boats that we made using the best material available at that time.

There were some guys who came into the sport and you took one look at them and their equipment and you knew right away....this guy is not going to be a problem.

That was never the case with Pepe. He came prepared to win...every race and at every venue calm or rough. You took him seriously, because you knew that he built a boat that was going to last and he took his time in putting it together.

Back in the days before really big money came along, preparation was a big factor in winning. Pantera was always well prepared. This should be an important factor in your decision for your next boat. As the man said, you get what you pay for and that can mean time as well as money. If a Pantera takes a little longer to make, the boat you are getting is that much better prepared for any kind of water.

Experience cannot be purchased,it has to be earned. Give some hard thought to a Pantera before you make that final choice.

In all my years reading posts after post I have never read such a well said statement on facts in choosing a boat. Here is a picture of my 28 Pantera race boat......