Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pantera & Active Thunder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95460-pantera-active-thunder.html)

Craney 01-30-2005 05:21 AM

Pantera & Active Thunder

How does Active Thunder stack up to a Pantera? I know the Pantera has a great ride I have a 28.How does the A.T. ride and speed compair to the Pantera???

excursion 01-30-2005 07:49 AM

Re: Pantera & Active Thunder

Can't help you with the comparison, never rode on a Pantera, but it should be real close from what is said. I do know that the consturction on the AT is top notch and it is a south florida boat made for the rough stuff. Hopefully someone else has more experience with these two boats. Are you thinking about changing boats? If so you should look at the 32 AT.

Craney 01-30-2005 09:08 AM

If the right Thunder came down the road I might think about. A 28 with a nice single in it.

Chris 01-30-2005 09:56 AM

Craney,
There are 3 nice 28' Thunders on boat trader.

CAP071 01-30-2005 10:02 AM

I had my 28 .8 Sunsation off the NJ shore several times I loved that. But No twins in the 28.8

Edward R. Cozzi 01-30-2005 10:30 AM

Two great boats.

I worked for Patrick at Active Thunder for a while years ago and I understand his commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. He is constantly upgrading and improving his product and uses the latest and most innovative ideas in construction.
A small down-turn in the economy does not affect the Active Thunder as Patrick has a thriving, well established body shop business that can more than sustain him through slow times.

Pantera.
The new 36' Survivor is a vision to behold. It's new, exciting and also innovative. Like Active Thunder, Pantera will custom build you whatever you desire, (within reason, of course), at a fair price. Pantera is a family-owned business for over 30 years. Pepe Nunez is the famous racer from my era who handles the construction and day-to-day operation of the actual boat building. His son, Jo, handles the marketing and sales department along with the racing program that put Pantera on the map. In the office is the adorable Linda Nunez, Jo's mom, who handles the office duties.
Pantera has kept the 28' traditional with little changes over the years. It has been very successful and continues to be a popular offering along with their 25'.

I have surveyed many of the above boats over the years and have found both to hold-up well as used watercraft. Both get about the same respect on the re-sale market. These are both small, low volume companies and be prepared to wait for your ordered new boat. I feel you can't go wrong with either one.
Do a sea trial in both of them and see which one makes the hair on the back of your neck stand-up!

Edward R. Cozzi 01-30-2005 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Let's see... you have mention Active Thunder and Pantera so all we need to mention is a 28 Apache and we should have a real old fashion good ole WAR of a thread that will last for thousands of post's and will get a few people kicked off! :drink:

I only responded to the original question that asked about TWO brands in my area that I have some knowledge about.
The last thing we need here is a pissing contest, which would certainly be unnecessary.

Craney 01-30-2005 10:53 AM

Two years ago when I was looking for a new boat there was only 3 boats on my list .Pantera,Apache & Active Thunder.I got lucky when Bearpaw put his 28 for sale in my price range.

Edward R. Cozzi 01-30-2005 10:55 AM

28' What?

JO - PANTERABOATS 01-30-2005 11:48 AM

Hey" COZZ" How time flies by! 30 years have gone by and it seems it was yesterday when we met. Thanks for those kind words, they are appreciated. Her I am working on Sunday. later, Pepe @ Pantera