Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami area launch ramps (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95481-miami-area-launch-ramps.html)

Tonto 01-30-2005 09:11 PM

Re: Miami area launch ramps

DJD,
I told him the water was 6' deep, now you go and tell the truth :eek: . Actually the Keys aren't that BAD, and REALLY aot of FUN aye DJD?

Crazy,
Get a chart and call me, I'll set you up with all the cool places to go, and some that I will tell you NOT to go, unless you have GOOD experience in the Keys. Snappers is a good one, BUT don't let ANYONE tell you to go there, it's TOO dangerous for a novice (I'm NOT being disrespectful), it scares the sh!t out of me every time I go in there.

Robert

Scott B 01-30-2005 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Crazyhorse
Can you tell me where the 79th St. ramp is? Is it the Pelican Ramp? The plan is to stay at the Amerisuites Blue Lagoon. It's near the airport just off 836.
It looks like there's a ramp near Kennedy Park, close to Dinner Key Marina. Any info would be appreciated.

That's correct, Pelican is 79th street. If your leaving the trailer overnite, i am not sure about that area.. It may be OK, it may not..

The Dinner Key ramp is a bit steep. Good traction, you should be OK there with a good truck or 4WD. Or, go ten minutes further south to Matheson. Better ramps, better parking, locked up at night..

PM'd ya a cel #, feel free to call if you have anymore questions.

el indio 01-30-2005 10:57 PM

hey tanner you still up?a web patry might be in order,

Crazyhorse 01-31-2005 05:50 AM

Tonto and DJD, I was wondering what the button labeled "GILBERT'S" was for. Some kind of autopilot I guess. That special compartment labeled "KEYS" must not be for the extra set of keys, I'm guessing.

boatme 01-31-2005 05:55 AM

Dave,

No i don't think we will be on the water (but you never know)

Haulover is great spot we put in there in November
the trip to Miami isn't that bad and most of it you can do on plane

get fuel before you get there it is way expensive at Haulover

as far as it being rough I have never seen that
it is pretty protected and the ramps are longer and more gradual than any ones i have ever launched at

where are you staying once you put in ?? on the boat or are you going to Marriott?

Scott B 01-31-2005 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Crazyhorse
Tonto and DJD, I was wondering what the button labeled "GILBERT'S" was for. Some kind of autopilot I guess. That special compartment labeled "KEYS" must not be for the extra set of keys, I'm guessing.

Somewhere there has to be a "Home" button to get you back from rumrunners, err, I mean Gilberts... :drink: :eek: :drink:

Tim G. 01-31-2005 08:17 AM

Public ramps:
www.co.miami-dade.us/parks/marinas.htm

Haulover is certainly the best big boat launch.
The ramp is not nearly as steep as the others and the finger docks are much longer.
People talk about the ong idle to Miami, however you can take the track to the east when you are running south. That track requires som navigation on GPS or a bit of common sense, but you can run 35+ the bulk of the way right to Montys.. Or run outside....

79th St is good as well. We launch big boats there all the time. Not as nice as Haulover. There is a dockmaster at 79th/Pelican. You can leave your truck/trailer overnight but you must tlak to the dockmaster 305-754-9330
I'll be going in and out of 79th St during the show, for "work".

Do NOT use the Watson Island ramps. They are WAY too steep for big trailers.

:drink:

Crazyhorse 01-31-2005 08:41 AM

I wondered why that "HOME" button always takes me in the wrong direction,,,,,,I also noticed that the boat doesn't steer a very straight course, as if someone that's had a few too many may have programmed it,,,,,,,,