If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

2nd Annual COPS Party/Michigan

The COPS organization would to extend an open inviatation to attend our Dinner on March 12th in South Haven.C'mon Michigan boaters...we would like you to meet the new Board of Directors and meet COPS members from Illinois,Indiana, and Wisconsin.

[SIZE=3]Lake Michigan Winter Get Away Weekend & Skater Factory Tour[/SIZE]
    This event is sponsored by C.O.P.S. but everyone is welcome
    This second annual get away weekend on March 12 is sure to be another success. We have booked an ENTIRE Inn on the Harbor in picturesque Downtown South Haven. This quaint lakeside community is located only two hours from Chicago and an hour from Grand Rapids.

We have a fun weekend planned; we will start with lunch at our hotel, the Old Harbor Inn, and follow with a tour of Douglas Marine. As you know Douglas Marine is home to Skater, the most widely recognized high-performance catamaran in the world. You will have a chance to visit this 100,000 square foot facility, and view upwards of 50 boats in various stages of production. This is a must see for all offshore enthusiasts

The evening will start at York’s Landing, which is at the inn for Happy Hour. During cocktails marine experts such as Jim Valeko of Valeko Race Heads will be available to answer any technical questions you may have. Dinner will be at Tellos Trattori & Cabaret, followed by dancing and billiards. In the morning the inn will provide us with a continental breakfast. Dinner will be your choice of flank steak or Chicken Margarita with a side of pasta, salad, and homemade tiramisu. Cost for the dinner will be $22.00 if paid by March 1st and $26.00 if paid later.

We have been given a special room rate of $79.00, for harbor and town view rooms, (includes breakfast), keep in mind this is an inn so availability is limited. For those romantic souls a few rooms with fireplaces and Jacuzzis are available at a higher price. Please visit the hotels web page and then call them at their 800 to make your reservations with them. The earlier you book the better choice of rooms you will have, and remember to tell them you are with COPS.

Post here if you would like to attend, and then forward me your email address to make your dinner and tour reservations. [email protected] In about two weeks I will email you a flyer with all the details and information on how to pay for the dinner. For those of you that are within driving distance you are welcome to join us just for the dinner and tour.

Re: 2nd Annual COPS Party/Michigan

Please check on Lake Michigan/Skater tour thread as well

10 rooms left...please make your reservations asap

My Boats:
    1993 Cigarette Top Gun
    Kankakee Illinois

I just made my reservation and they had five rooms left. Don`t wait any longer.

Gone Fishin' Charter Member Waterfoul's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!
    Grand Rapids/Holland/Grand Haven

Valeko and "marine expert" in the same sentence.... sorry but I gotta LOL!!!!

Just razzing you Jim.

Might be able to make it as a day trip. And I recommend the Skater tour highly! We did it last winter and had a very good and informing time.
    [b]M Go Blue.......Gator boots, gator luggage, gator purses... all at cut rate deals!!!!

My Boats:
    38 Cig Flatdeck
    Arlington Hts. Il.

Made my reservation!!! Can't wait to see the Skater shop!!!