Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone know a good boat mechanic on Grand Lake in OK? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95594-anyone-know-good-boat-mechanic-grand-lake-ok.html)

P Offshore 02-01-2005 04:06 PM

Re: Anyone know a good boat mechanic on Grand Lake in OK?

Danny's company is called Performance Marine 918-782-9976 or 918-260-9281.
He has worked on my performance boats etc... since 1985.
He also does add ons such as Prochargers and has rebuilt and maintained a 28' Cigarette that has Prochargers. Not really on the same level as Leon but he is close and can get you going for the weekend if you need it.

Sean H 02-01-2005 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by ExcaliburHawk40
As far as dewinterizing, as long as your last mechanic reinstalled all the plugs, all you need to do is top off fluids and run the boat.
What engine do you have?
A lot of people from Grand Lake use Derebery Performance Marine. They can supply you with a trailer. For a supercharger, i would go with the Vortech. Derebery as a lot of boats out there with the Vortech system on them with very good results. Good luck. www.dereberyperformancemarine.com

so you just puke your antifreeze into the water?

44MTI 02-01-2005 04:39 PM

Exactly, very easy to do and your ready to go in the spring without having to wait on any service people.

apache21 02-01-2005 07:48 PM

Danny is a great guy and knows his stuff. If you need any help during the week and not at the lake then I can Help. :D

1stfntn 02-02-2005 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry for the lag in replying. I've been out due to the flu.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice!!! Sounds like Danny is my guy. I'll give him a shout.

Now if I could just find a place on the lake that has deep enough water for a dock. Been looking for about 2 months now for a good lake house and everyhting in my price range seems to be either 3' deep (at 750') or well over $200k.

Look forward to meeting all you guys on the water, or maybe even at the boat show. I'm going to try and attach a pic of my 27' FYI.

Thanks Again,
Brad

RebarBox 02-02-2005 11:31 AM

Good looking ride Brad, we'll look for you at Dripping.

As for homes....dockable water for over 200K, sounds about right. Maybe a little under in Zena area or past Sailboat bridge unless you don't mind a little fixer-upper.

Mac 02-02-2005 11:42 AM

Danny has done maintenance on my boats for years. As for the blowers I would go with Dereberry , Leon has worked on my boats for years when comes to Hi-perf, the best if you want it right!

WARPARTY36 02-02-2005 03:24 PM

Cobra, you need to change your name to Rare Breed.

P Offshore 02-02-2005 06:04 PM

You will of course bring the girl with the boat!!! :drink:

1stfntn 02-02-2005 08:24 PM

Maybe not that girl, she's still in Austin, but I'll bring at least one girl regardless if that's OK.

Thanks again for all the help!!