Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tips on stepped hull (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95639-tips-stepped-hull.html)

Apple a day 02-01-2005 06:36 PM

Re: Tips on stepped hull

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Same advise as above.
See you are a long time lurker. Good to have another Fountain owner on board. Enjoy

Now taking bets as to how long it is before you are told there is no difference as they are both 22' boats. :D

Thanks...Iv'e never owned a vee hull and I think its about time to try one out.

rouxsterre 02-01-2005 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Now taking bets as to how long it is before you are told there is no difference as they are both 22' boats. :D

US1 . . . you just love that stuff, huh. That, and the 'gold chains' . . . I gotta admit - it DOES get kinda tedious.

US1 Fountain 02-01-2005 07:20 PM

But it's NEW material, never been mentioned before. Don't understand the gold chain comment. Next you'll be commenting on my hair. :p

Just preparing the new guy that he got more than just the boat with the Fountain name. :D

excursion 02-01-2005 08:40 PM

I had one a few years back, the 27 is a very forgiving boat, and easy to drive , the left hand thottle took longer to get used to. The only draw back to this boat is the fuel tank 63 gals? and if you have a 502, long trips without a place to refuel can get old.
Good luck.

US1 Fountain 02-01-2005 08:50 PM

[QUOTE=excursion The only draw back to this boat is the fuel tank 63 gals? and if you have a 502, long trips without a place to refuel can get old.
Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth. Never did understand that. A friends 23' Rinker Captiva had a bigger tank. I had a blower motor in my 27. Long trips were not possible in that one. Great boat otherwise. My twin engine 32' gets the same fuel economy as that single engine boat, if not a bit better.

Outdrive1 02-01-2005 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by excursion
I had one a few years back, the 27 is a very forgiving boat, and easy to drive , the left hand thottle took longer to get used to. The only draw back to this boat is the fuel tank 63 gals? and if you have a 502, long trips without a place to refuel can get old.
Good luck.

Nothing like towing your friends fountain back to the dock because he thought he had enough fuel to make it from one end of Lake Havasu to the other twice in one day. He says his gauge in his 27 Fountain stays on half most of the time and then will suddenly go to empty before you realize what happened.
You should have seen how embarassed he was to be towed through the channel.......

CAP071 02-01-2005 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by mikewilmo
Thanks...Iv'e never owned a vee hull and I think its about time to try one out.

Help out all our insurance rates, Just don't turn ever :D