Notices

Boat Camera Question.

Old 01-31-2005, 05:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Camera Question.

I'm thinking about having some kind of camera system put in the new boat for poker runs. I'm looking for some suggestions on make and models. I was thinking of a helmet cam, but just fixing the lens permanently on the front of the boat, will this work ok? Thanks for the input. Chuck
Old 02-01-2005, 10:16 AM
Registered

Default Re: Boat Camera Question.

I was thinking about that myself. I used to sell the little bullet cams that are cheap and can be used around the house. I thought about mounting the little cam somewhere, and getting a 12volt VCR to record on.
You will need to add mics and a tiny mixer/mic preamp if you want sound.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Registered

Chuck,
There are hundreds of options, bullet cameras, board cameras, etc as well as various recording possibilities, Hi-8, VHS, Digital, wireless, also portable and fixed systems, etc. We build this stuff everyday for businesses, homes, law enforcement, and motorsports. Let me know how many cameras and budget and I can give have one of the guys design a system for you. Visit our website, www.specializedgroup.com and it will give you an idea of tyes of systems and cameras.
Greg
Old 02-01-2005, 10:32 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

http://www.adilink.com/index.php Check out the stuff the alarm industry uses.

Freeze Frame mounts a camera and mic, then has the VCR in a pelican box with bungee cords strung in the box to absorb the shock. The VCR is suspended within the bungee cords. A little foam padding would probably help to cushion the blows. Then a dash mounted switch is installed to turn the VCR on and off. The whole system runs on it's own batteries.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Registered

video only...

Bullet cam should be less than 120.00
12v VCR on Crutchfield... 69.00.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by spyguy
Chuck,
There are hundreds of options, bullet cameras, board cameras, etc as well as various recording possibilities, Hi-8, VHS, Digital, wireless, also portable and fixed systems, etc. We build this stuff everyday for businesses, homes, law enforcement, and motorsports. Let me know how many cameras and budget and I can give have one of the guys design a system for you. Visit our website, www.specializedgroup.com and it will give you an idea of tyes of systems and cameras.
Greg
People still use Hi-8?
I would think that in that size they'd be doing MiniDV.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
People still use Hi-8?
I would think that in that size they'd be doing MiniDV.

Everyday, mini DV works well too but the problem is finding true playback equipment other than the camcorders. Hi-8 is what the majority of the covert and law enforcement systems we build are recording on. Hi-8 will be around longer and it has 2 times the resolution of VHS as well, plus it is a small and true 12v device. Mini DV is getting more and more popular, but with digital now it will be a minimal player.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:11 PM
British member!
VIP Member

In the UK a couple of guys I know are now onto the next generation stuff - They are using PVRs - Personal Video Recorders - they have enough memory to store a reasonable amount of video without tapes, and some have a video in. There is a discusion on Boatmad if you want to take a look - Video camera thread
Hope that helps!

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!

Last edited by cookee; 02-01-2005 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cookee
In the UK a couple of guys I know are now onto the next generation stuff - They are using PVRs - Personal Video Recorders - they have enough memory to store a reasonable amount of video without tapes, and some have a video in. There is a discusion on Boatmad if you want to take a look - Video camera thread
Hope that helps!

yes, PVR's (Digital recorders) are being used as well, we use a PVR - digital recorder that will record 80+ hours from a single or up to 4 cameras plus 2 audio sources. They are becoming more and more available. In-expensive too.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:30 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Just point one directly on your babe that'll work for me...Let's see those new earings bouncing

Quick Reply: Boat Camera Question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.