Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   tow vehicles (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95701-tow-vehicles.html)

jordy 02-02-2005 07:53 PM

Re: tow vehicles

I have an '02 crew cab 4x4 Duramax hot rod that I use to play with, pull the boats, beat up on street racer punks, generally pimp around. I have an '04 Chevy extra cab 2 wheel drive bone stock Duramax company truck (with a company fuel card to boot) that is my daily driver. Granted it's not as much fun as the race truck, it gets the job done. :evilb: :D

Dono 02-02-2005 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Daily driver :evilb:

Sean H 02-02-2005 08:44 PM

'05 F-250 PSD 4x4 crew cab lariat...... pulls the toys and hauls me around everyday when i am "working".... :D :cool:

Formula Outlaw 02-02-2005 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
01' Ram 2500 V-10 4X4 quad cab longbed.

Daily driver/work truck. Average 35K per year. Runs I-75 between 85 and 100 mph effortlessly. Average about 12 mpg, little better if the A/C is off.

lonestar382 02-02-2005 09:38 PM

03' Dodge 3500 sits in the Garage most of the time.

DannyD 02-02-2005 09:51 PM

Formula - I got a 2002 Dodge w/o the crew cab and I can't wait to trade it in. I feel like I need a kidney belt to ride in it. Does the crew cab ride any better/smoother? We'll, its a work truck so I shouldn't complain.

Prater 02-02-2005 09:51 PM

Everyday Driver 03 3500 Turbo Diesel.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ing/chevy1.jpg

R Addiction 02-02-2005 09:59 PM

[QUOTE=baronmarine]what do you use your tow vehicle for when your not
towing?/QUOTE]

It's a 454 ci gas pump!! I use it to drain the fuel tanks at the local gas stations:D Actually it is my back up daily driver :D

cookee 02-03-2005 04:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I use the pick up as a daily driver - The 20 Ton Volvo with a crane gathers dust in the yard, although the crane is usefull for getting hulls out of moulds!

Formula Outlaw 02-03-2005 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by DannyD
Formula - I got a 2002 Dodge w/o the crew cab and I can't wait to trade it in. I feel like I need a kidney belt to ride in it. Does the crew cab ride any better/smoother? We'll, its a work truck so I shouldn't complain.

When empty mine rides stiff but not uncomfortable, if it did the "wife" wouldn't ride in it. The combination of the crew cab, longer wheelbase with the longbed I think helps quite a bit. Almost traded it five months ago on a Diesel, but backed out at the last minute. Couldn't see spending what they wanted for a new Diesel, plus diesel fuel is running almost 25 cents more per gallon. The kicker was, the dealer after I'd bought TWO brand new trucks from him, a 99 and the 01, was going to subtract sixteen hundred bucks for my having the V-10, when the Kelly Blue Book stated it should add fourteen hundred bucks to the trade value, that's a 3 grand swing. Dodge gave me the song and dance about "they don't even make them anymore, so we have to subtract, to which I responded "that's because they cut too much into the sale of the Cummins and now you have the HEMI to sell. Now the Hemi is a nice engine, but it WILL NOT tow with that V-10. I think the Hemi is considerably quicker than the V-10 in normal driving, but with a boat on the back there is no comparison. I offered the salesman to go hook my boat up, he could drive it around hooked to my truck, then hook it up to a Hemi and drive it around. If he thought that Hemi towed my boat as well as the V-10, he could have my truck free, if not, I got the Hemi free. Never saw anybody backpeddle so fast in my life, he left shoe sole skid marks on the pavement.

My next truck will probably not be a Dodge, though I do like this one.