Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   turbo charger Hustler? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95718-turbo-charger-hustler.html)

NOBODY 02-25-2005 07:03 PM

Re: turbo charger Hustler?

Originally Posted by License To Thrill
Just talked to Leon. He said the motors are 664ci and will make 3000hp each. I know the boat he's building but he said not to talk about it. I CAN say he's going for the propeller speed record of 225mph.

He's rebuilding my motor after it blew up last Nov. I was running 105 when the oil pump malfunctioned. My boat is a 24' Carlson air-entrapment monohull.

I would say with that much CI and a good set of turbos he should make at least 2500 HP. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Rik 02-25-2005 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by SCARABJ
Rik you are correct eickert got that setup from carson B. and most parts are from the gentry setup.. eickert built these the way hustler wanted them.. he is designing a new twin turbo setup but it probably will not be COOL because it does not have 40 foot of tubing and a intercooler in the cabin :rolleyes:

Yea, I wonder if it looked cool and went slower, would that be better than looking soso and going fast?

Of course it would be best to have both, but I think the engine room will look a lot better when the polished tail pipes get installed. That should break the colors up some.

As for all the plumbing stuff, less is more in a boat.

NOBODY 02-25-2005 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ron P
All I know is, I've been to 115 on a 388 with 675 KE and Arnesons. 130 from 850s doesn't sound that far off, if you have the balls for it.

The all white hustler from table rock has 850 K E's and ASD 6's and it runs a little over 100.

I'm sure RIK knows him.

Rik 02-25-2005 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by NOBODY
The all white hustler from table rock has 850 K E's and ASD 6's and it runs a little over 100.

I'm sure RIK knows him.

That is Tim Friend who has a white 388 with a set of 572's and Vortec blowers. Those are not KE motors, rather a set of GM 572's with the Vortec's added I was told.

He has been over 100, not to say that it will not go faster just that he has been over 100.

The 388 with the Eickets does run 115, spoke with those guys today and they confirmed that.

Matt Shade has another 388 (LOTO) with Cobra 750's that has been 110 before. Some different propellers and the boat will go faster.

Rolf @ Proroc played with propellers on the one with Eickert 675's and got it to go that fast. 33" Pitch propellers @ 5400 rpm. The others are running less pitch.

NOBODY 02-25-2005 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rik
That is Tim Friend who has a white 388 with a set of 572's and Vortec blowers. Those are not KE motors, rather a set of GM 572's with the Vortec's added I was told.

He has been over 100, not to say that it will not go faster just that he has been over 100.

The 388 with the Eickets does run 115, spoke with those guys today and they confirmed that.

Matt Shade has another 388 (LOTO) with Cobra 750's that has been 110 before. Some different propellers and the boat will go faster.

Rolf @ Proroc played with propellers on the one with Eickert 675's and got it to go that fast. 33" Pitch propellers @ 5400 rpm. The others are running less pitch.

Never seen the motors up close, just going by what he told me.

Rik 02-25-2005 07:21 PM

I belive that Tim had Eickert fix some problems with them when they were first put in the boat. There was a water pickup problem that overheated the engines I was told.

NOBODY 02-26-2005 12:46 AM

Rik do you know how much HP they really have?
Did Eickert dyno them?
572 should make 600 HP on the motor, blower should add at least 40 percent.

Rik 02-26-2005 01:09 AM

???? Tim said they made 840 hp. I would assume he is correct. If he got some larger props and adjusted the strakes on the bottom he could hit some big #'s.

BigSilverCat 02-26-2005 03:41 AM

I think he added strakes to the bottom.

Rik 02-26-2005 01:43 PM

When he recieved his, there were no rear strakes. He must be good as he made a mold of his old boat and glassed the new ones on as they were original.

He will still need to remove some of the strake to get the boat to settle down at speeds over 100.

What happend with your glue?