Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   turbo charger Hustler? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95718-turbo-charger-hustler.html)

DoTheMath 02-24-2005 01:32 PM

Re: turbo charger Hustler?

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Am I the only one who brought a camera to the boat show? :rolleyes: :D

Nope, but I can tell you that Thursday at the Clevelander when your other half (Cassie) walked by my buddy he almost tripped and fell in the pool! :p Funny as chit!!

Steve Schmidt 02-24-2005 01:38 PM

I am currently dynoing a set of twin turbo 358 ci big blocks that we redid with new turbos, electronics, etc. they ran 1280 hp and almost 1100 pounds of torque at 20 psi. because of the small cubes we spin them 7600 and they carried the 1000 pounds of torque from 4800 to 6800 and held the hp from without ever really falling off. the boost is electronic and can be changed with the push of a button. should be interesting as they are going in a 30 ft cat.

outriggers 02-24-2005 02:09 PM

A 358ci big block? Doug

Jassman 02-24-2005 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by License To Thrill
Jimmy Leonardo has the baddest Nor-Tech on the planet.

He also has for sale a quad engine 47 OL :cool: :D

Lmarth 02-24-2005 04:02 PM

So '4 Of A Kind' is for sale? I didn't see it in the water in front of Jim's house at all last summer. He had it repainted a couple of years ago. It looked sharp. What can ya say about Extreme Exhibit, totally awesome! Life is good in America!

Steve Schmidt 02-24-2005 06:49 PM

yes, a 358 big block. big bore, short stroke ex open class engines. smooth as silk and never stops making power. just wish I had a bigger boat.

bob 02-24-2005 07:16 PM

I'll bet as the fuel prices continue to go up and the noise cops increase their pressure, turbo motor acceptance will really begin to grow. If you think these look like Gale Banks motors, may want to try some glasses :rolleyes:

ONESICKGLADIATOR 02-24-2005 09:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is two of the best engine Builders around Eickert talking to Zul about this set up.

Note that the engines are only mounted in the boat they are not hooked up yet

Rick OSG

Strip Poker 388 02-24-2005 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by ONESICKGLADIATOR
Here is two of the best engine Builders around Eickert talking to Zul this set up

Note that the engines are only mounted in the boat they are not hooked up yet

Rick OSG

I dont see any exhaust either. I wonder even if the motors had been run yet. they said the boat wasnt finished .

bob 02-24-2005 09:28 PM

I think they are on their way to KE's dyno this week.