Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Florida Boating Rally (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95925-florida-boating-rally.html)

WaterAccess 02-05-2005 08:40 PM

Florida Boating Rally

Florida Statewide Boaters Rally

DATE: Saturday, March 12th, 2005
TIME: 10:00 A.M. until 12:00 P.M.

This is the first weekend after this year’s Florida Legislature begins so our cause will get maximum exposure when we need it the most. With the recent changes in the law and public opinion there is now a chance for real relief but Boaters must make their feelings known! Let our elected leaders and everyone else see that you are fed up with the injustices being inflicted on the boating public. Cruise up and down at slow speed with signs on your boat. Look for the boats with the “We Boat We Vote” signs displayed. We need to show the world we care about family boating and the danger of zealous over regulation.

Four Locations and GROWING!
More Locations Needed

HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!

WEST COAST

Cottee River
Boater’s Rally
Save Our Sandbar
Contact Capt. Doug Metko
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.saveoursandbar.com

Venice Inlet
Boater’s Rally
Snake Island Republic

EAST COAST

Merritt Island Barge Canal
Boater’s Rally
Citizens for Florida’s Waterways
Contact Steven Webster 321.452.4140
Contact Robin Turner 321.868.1895
E-mail: [email protected] Web: www.cffw.org

PEANUT ISLAND
BOATER’S RALLY
V.I.P. Associates
Contact Crystal Mullins
Phone: 561-625-9203

http://members.cox.net/joemerchant/rally/

Formula Outlaw 02-05-2005 08:51 PM

Re: Florida Boating Rally

I just emailed for the Venice Inlet Rally.

WaterAccess 02-05-2005 09:47 PM

Thanks Outlaw! Let's keep it going.

rchevelle71 02-05-2005 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
I just emailed for the Venice Inlet Rally.

We'll most likely be at the peanut Island one.

WaterAccess 02-05-2005 10:10 PM

This is a great start to my first day on a new forum,Thanks to all! :D

Formula Outlaw 02-06-2005 07:50 AM

I'm going to send the "announcement" as an email attachment to the Prez of OPBA to pass on to all the members and to Cuda to put on the SuncoastPower site and email list.

This is something that each one of us Florida boats should really put on our MUST do list, otherwise we have no right to bit(h about what's happening to us.

I don't know who's idea this was but my hat's off to them.

WE NEED TO DO THIS......

WaterAccess 02-06-2005 08:56 AM

Citizens For Florida Waterways(CFW) did this last year in Brevard County and it got lots of attention so we all got together and are trying to do it in as many locations as we can all at once in a show of unity between user groups.We all have the same issues we just never tried to work together because our enemies have spent a lot of energy trying to divide us(High-performance boaters vs Fishermen,Sailboaters vs Powerboaters,Jetskiers vs Everyone,etc.)we spent so much time fighting amongs't ourselves that we never saw what was happening to our recreational access.
In the coming weeks a network will be formed to unite ALL user groups and the Offshore community will asked to join in.

WE WILL TAKE BACK OUR WATERWAYS!

Capt.Doug Metko
Save Our Sandbar

WaterAccess 02-06-2005 09:57 AM

We are hoping that a group will take that area and run with it.we are talking about 2hrs,and a few simple signs(WE BOAT AND WE VOTE,TAKE BACK OUR WATERWAYS,SAVE FAMILY BOATING,etc) in a high profile area.

WaterAccess 02-06-2005 06:41 PM

Just keeping it on top...

Formula Outlaw 02-06-2005 07:03 PM

I would think that that there are certainly enough boaters in the St. Pete/Tampa area to put something together up there.