Notices

Engine builders

Old 02-14-2005, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Engine builders

I know I do alot of work for several engine builders, thats what gets me introuble with my own engine job's. Too busy machining everyone elses. And these guy's are picky, plus I am the only one in a 150mile radius set up to do High performance machine work, Hines balancer,BHJ squaredeck fixture, torque plates ect........
I agree with everyone , If you trust your engine builder,he will go behind us machineshop's and trust me If he finds something wrong he will let them (us) know!! The engine builder has the last call. Its all on him. But if there is something you dont like ( jurnal clearance, deck hieght, piston to valve clearance) Its nice to have everything right there. saves time. my 2 cents
Old 02-14-2005, 06:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by JC performance engine
Having a website put together soon.Have a guy working on it now.
Cant wait to see it JC

I agree Kevin, I like to have peoples cars in my shop when the ask me to repair a peice of film, its always the little things that happen on site, when you need a tool at the shop.

Rob
Old 02-14-2005, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think an engine builder that sends his stuff out to a well respected machine shop would be just fine.

Unless your building 3 or 4 engines a week why have all the high-end machines sitting around. Send the blocks and such to the shop that is machining morning, noon, and night. The shops that are busy usually have the best equipment and best machinists. I would rather have the guy that bores hundreds of blocks a year working on my stuff as opposed to the guy that bores 40 or 50 a year. Doing something every day makes one proficient.