Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Engine builders (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95954-engine-builders.html)

JCPERF 02-06-2005 12:42 PM

Engine builders

Does it matter to you if you were having your engine[s] rebuilt, and the shop you brought them to doesnt have a machine shop?Even if you were buying new,does that sway your decision if an engine builder doesnt have much equipment?

SLINGSHOT 02-06-2005 02:28 PM

Re: Engine builders

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Does it matter to you if you were having your engine[s] rebuilt, and the shop you brought them to doesnt have a machine shop?Even if you were buying new,does that sway your decision if an engine builder doesnt have much equipment?

zul doesnt have one........and i would send my stuff to him all day long

Stormrider 02-06-2005 02:41 PM

I like keeping everything in house.
Nice to know 1 person is responisble for everything.

JC, you have one right?

Sean H 02-06-2005 02:53 PM

doesn't matter as long as i trust the builder and he trusts his machine shop...

open87 02-06-2005 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
doesn't matter as long as i trust the builder and he trusts his machine shop...

trust someone you don't know? or trusting a good reputation?? huh ?? :confused:

Sean H 02-06-2005 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by open72
trust someone you don't know? or trusting a good reputation?? huh ?? :confused:

i personally wouldn't go somewhere where i didn't know them or take the time to know them..... i didn't see JC's post that said you didn't know the builder, just if they had a machine shop or not....

TxHawk 02-06-2005 04:11 PM

I like for one shop to be responsible for everything. If you know that one person is a perfectionist then the machine work, balancing, assembly etc will all be at the same standard. You dont have to worry about trusting someone your guy trusts. Hope that makes since.

JCPERF 02-06-2005 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider
I like keeping everything in house.
Nice to know 1 person is responisble for everything.

JC, you have one right?

I do 95% of all machinework in house.

Byrdman 02-06-2005 05:20 PM

Well JC...after you have had a few motors built...and then you go for some big power..cubes..and start pushing all the limits and you are needing all the latest info..you really do need to have a in house machine shop...there are too many problems..questions and a general minor lack of knowledge when pushing the limits with big horse power.

open87 02-06-2005 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
I do 95% of all machinework in house.

and sub the other 5% to me biotch :D :evilb: :p :p