michigan snowmobilers, where ya at

Notices

michigan snowmobilers, where ya at

Old 02-06-2005, 10:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts
Default Re: michigan snowmobilers, where ya at

Yes it is,my body can't take the pounding it could 10 years ago,rides great too,trade-off is it doesn't corner burn as well but still is good.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I'm still kickin the Yammy Travis. Got about 600 miles or so in this year, 380+ in one weekend with Mitch up in the UP. Supposed to be heading up there again this coming weekend... time and snow will tell if that happens though.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

So Arctic, how many ponies did it pull????
Old 02-07-2005, 12:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

179.5hp at 8150,i was just trying to post my dyno sheet but the file is too large after i scanned it and i can't figure out how to resize the file? The sled is 01zr 800 bored to 900cc,ported,speedwerx head,v-force reeds,turbo crank,twin pipes,reed spacers,cold air airbox. Its alot like my boat,you start modifying stuff until you get so carried away you have triple what its worth invested!!!I dynoed it in jan mainly to see where my bsfc was at a given air density so i could establish a jetting baseline. Took it up riding 2 wknds ago,air was LESS dense than on the dyno,went 1 jet richer which should have raised my bsfc to .750-.800 (ultra safe),Ran 100 miles,checked plugs,piston wash etc THEN PHUKING MELTED DOWNAGAIN!!!! So,i'm about fed up,ive always had reliable stuff,riding my son's 440zr until i can round up another batch'o parts!Smitty
Old 02-07-2005, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Smitty, if the backs too old to take the bumps, buy a REV Right Mitch?
Old 02-07-2005, 07:00 AM
rws
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smitty ,
I used to Drag Race 440 Rotax's Depending on the air temp and density I would Run a 480 Main Jet at 90F to A 780 Main at -30F.A temp change of 20 degrees would require Rejetting the Mains and 30 to 40 degree temperature change required Pilot Jet and possibly a Slide change.I am supposed to go to Paradise at the end of the Month for a "Reunion Sled trip with a lot of the Guys that Trail rode" I am Renting A 500 Skidoo Rev Chassis,I have not rode for 8 yeras so I am looking forward to it.I understand that conditions(DNR Patrols) and attitudes towards Sledders have changed up in the UP.

Rob
Old 02-07-2005, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by articfriends
179.5hp at 8150,i was just trying to post my dyno sheet but the file is too large after i scanned it and i can't figure out how to resize the file? The sled is 01zr 800 bored to 900cc,ported,speedwerx head,v-force reeds,turbo crank,twin pipes,reed spacers,cold air airbox. Its alot like my boat,you start modifying stuff until you get so carried away you have triple what its worth invested!!!I dynoed it in jan mainly to see where my bsfc was at a given air density so i could establish a jetting baseline. Took it up riding 2 wknds ago,air was LESS dense than on the dyno,went 1 jet richer which should have raised my bsfc to .750-.800 (ultra safe),Ran 100 miles,checked plugs,piston wash etc THEN PHUKING MELTED DOWNAGAIN!!!! So,i'm about fed up,ive always had reliable stuff,riding my son's 440zr until i can round up another batch'o parts!Smitty
Just get a polaris
Old 02-07-2005, 09:04 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Hopefully the trails will look like this in the UP when we get there!! Leaving Thursday afternoon:
Attached Thumbnails michigan snowmobilers, where ya at-grand-marais-picture-008_edited.jpg  
Old 02-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
Hopefully the trails will look like this in the UP when we get there!! Leaving Thursday afternoon:
Thats a great pic 'foul /..... makes my thumb itch !!!

Don't count on it this week ....

Anybody have a report for Canada ???
Old 02-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

That pic was from 2 weekends ago. That was the absolute best groomed trail I've ever ridden. Pic was about 9:30 a.m. or so.... you could ride that trail with the throttle pinned, no bumps, and the turns weren't sharp enough to make you let up!!

Latest reports I'm getting from the UP (Newberry area) is that it is in fact snowing... got about 2" so far today. So, it may not look like that picture, but it could be a decent ride after all.

Praying for snow....

Quick Reply: michigan snowmobilers, where ya at

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.