Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pinellas County Deputy charged with BUI (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/96022-pinellas-county-deputy-charged-bui.html)

vtec 02-09-2005 11:26 AM

Re: Pinellas County Deputy charged with BUI

I'm not really attacking Trout.

And, I'm going to law school so I can change/alter/interprete laws.

robyw1 02-09-2005 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by vtec

I wish you the best of luck

CigDaze 02-09-2005 11:42 AM

That's how all lawyers start out, then they make a few bucks, next thing you know they're suing girlscouts for baking cookies, and Mcdonalds for making hot coffee....:D :D

Good luck.

robyw1 02-09-2005 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by cuda
The fact of the matter is that getting that Dui was probably the best thing that happened to me in the long run.

I don't see how it could be any good for anyone. This will stick with you the rest of your life and could have an effect on you in the long run. It could prevent you from getting some federal state government contracts, It could stop you from attaining a license in another state or country if you ever needed one. If FL is anything like TX the DUI will be on your record forever. Insurance companies will see it and there isn't any written rule preventing them from gouging you 25 to 30 years from now.

The DUI is closer to being the worse thing that ever happened to you rather than the best. Hell you could get alcohol treatment anywhere w/o having the lingering effects of a DUI.

Roby

Gary Anderson 02-09-2005 11:52 AM

If there's one thing this world needs it's more lawyers. Can you imagine a world wihtout lawyers.

(On a hill on a sunny day, a circle of people from all races hold hands and dance)

LIONAL HUTZ (1993, The Simpsons)

CigDaze 02-09-2005 11:55 AM

I think what Cuda means, Rob, is that For him the wake-up call was a DUI(fine)....For others, the wake-up call comes in much, much worse ways(death, dismemberment, vehicular homicide)

vtec 02-09-2005 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by CigDaze
That's how all lawyers start out, then they make a few bucks, next thing you know they're suing girlscouts for baking cookies, and Mcdonalds for making hot coffee....:D :D

Good luck.

The McDonald's case is totally misreported. If you read the facts, or were present during testimony, you may have sided with the jury. Seriously. And, she was not awarded $600k.

vtec 02-09-2005 12:36 PM

Good luck.

And, how elso am I gonna make enough dough to buy a Skater?

CigDaze 02-09-2005 12:37 PM

And I suppose you were there...
I know the facts...I now have to drink lukewarm coffee, Stella got way too much money and I would never side with that jury.

robyw1 02-09-2005 12:39 PM

I think what Cuda means, Rob, is that For him the wake-up call was a DUI(fine)....For others, the wake-up call comes in much, much worse ways(death, dismemberment, vehicular homicide)

That's very true but there are otherwise good people who make a mistake and drive which are just a little over. They may not habitually do this and the one time they get caught they are criminals in a since for life. I won't go in to what might and might not happen because no one knows. Now the 2, 3 and more offenders of DUI then yes they need serious counseling and stiffer penalties than a one time offender with no priors who would learn this lesson from a deferred adjudication sentence.

Roby