Notices

mufflers suck

Old 02-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down mufflers suck

mufflers suck,,, i gust read hot boat about all that noise. i love it, just as i start to injoy life some commies screw it up. i think boaters from cal. and arizona some how need to boy cot those lakes, and take your boating bucks where its apprciated not scornd i dont understand , plans trains, and harleys dont run mufflers and how come no one screws with them??? i was planning a boat trip to havasu , it aint going to happin know .ill spend my bucks where the dock master says, sounds goood man.are you telling me that water cops are at the ramp taking bd, readings, and or the leaseingholder robert mc. tell people to go away isnt havasu goverment land??? you know whats next speed liments
Old 02-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Registered

Default Re: mufflers suck

Yes they do.

We are fortunate that down here we don't get hassled at all for runnng open exhaust. I just dumped my "Silent Thunder Box" on my 311 Formula and just love both the new look and new sound.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Steve_H

they have wonderfully marked bouys also

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ighlight=buoys
Attached Images  

Old 02-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The noise reduction movement is spreading . You hear more and more each year . Soon it will be all over like muffs on cars
Old 02-09-2005, 07:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve_H
they have wonderfully marked bouys also

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ighlight=buoys

What are they doing, selling advertising space?????
Old 02-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by mopower
The noise reduction movement is spreading . You hear more and more each year . Soon it will be all over like muffs on cars
Everyone better get their through prop exhausts hooked up.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Yes they do.

We are fortunate that down here we don't get hassled at all for runnng open exhaust. I just dumped my "Silent Thunder Box" on my 311 Formula and just love both the new look and new sound.
Formula,

Did you notice any change in your top speed? Seems like the Silent Thunder was one of the few low restriction muffling systems out there.

Michael
Old 02-09-2005, 03:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael1
Formula,

Did you notice any change in your top speed? Seems like the Silent Thunder was one of the few low restriction muffling systems out there.

Michael
We had to remove the Silent Thunder from my bosses formula because he was getting water reversion in his engine. He has 500 h.p.'s in it and picked up 2 miles per hour and no reversion
Old 02-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Glad I live on the coast...let 'em ROAR
Old 02-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael1
Formula,

Michael

I have not made a "balls to the wall" run yet. Will do so next time out. First time out I took it easy and just let it get used to being on the water again and making sure everything was working right.

I did notice that the midrange seems stronger, but that's a "seat of the pants" feeling. I will tell you that in the water, that Outlaw is about an inch and a half higher out of the water when docked. Between removing the Silent Thunder Box, and removing the old "cast iron anchor" Merc. exhaust units and going with the EMI Thunder aluminun system, I lost over five hundred pounds right at the props. If you have a swim platform and get two 250 lb. guys to stand on the platform at once, you will notice the back of your boat go down a little. Well mine went "up" that little. 311's are assheavy boats, and it's like I shortened the "X" demension a little and I run Hydo Quad IV props, which are stern lifting. Between the weight loss, the higher the boat is in the water now, and the new exhaust system I am hoping to see 4mph more out of her anyway. Will let you know.
Attached Thumbnails mufflers   suck-boatrunnning-012-small-.jpg   mufflers   suck-boatrunnning-006-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Formula Outlaw; 02-09-2005 at 04:12 PM.

Quick Reply: mufflers suck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.