Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits to try and Break the Speed Record !!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/96081-outerlimits-try-break-speed-record.html)

DollaBill 02-09-2005 11:30 AM

Re: Outerlimits to try and Break the Speed Record !!!!

I don't know why and I am not being biased, but I have a bad gut feeling about this one. Go to my website and watch the kilo run at Fountain from August. I was in a boat not far from Reggie and Ben and that boat was holding on by drives only. I said to myself "holy ****". I talked to Reggie 15 minutes after the run I said "Looked good!". He said with a straight face "didn't feel so good" and walked away.

At 180+ the boats are just waiting to go over. We will see the first blow over in a V soon.

marinetrans 02-09-2005 11:47 AM

Us Sutphen dudes are tring to break a speed record too! That is to see who can drink the most beers,fast!!

Rippem 02-09-2005 11:59 AM

unfortunately Bill, I agree. and what good will that do? Another black eye for perf boats. :mad:

Do they realize they are slowly contributing to thier (our) own demise?

The egos with bottomless pockets will contibute to increased costs for us regular folks. Just the bad publicity of one of the big players dying in a hyped up event, will drive up the perceived liability of insuring these things.

Maybe this is why OL is being low key? It's best that way as they all approach the edge (end).

DollaBill 02-09-2005 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rippem
unfortunately Bill, I agree. and what good will that do? Another black eye for perf boats. :mad:

Do they realize they are slowly contributing to thier (our) own demise?

The egos with bottomless pockets will contibute to increased costs for us regular folks. Just the bad publicity of one of the big players dying in a hyped up event, will drive up the perceived liability of insuring these things.

Maybe this is why OL is being low key? It's best that way as they all approach the edge (end).

I told you we would agree on stuff!

Rippem 02-09-2005 12:12 PM

left some afternoon entertainment in the other thread for you Bill. ;)

DollaBill 02-09-2005 12:14 PM

Gee, thanks!

DPT MOTORSPORTS 02-09-2005 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As the prop turns. Same s**t different year. How do you get insurance on a Stepped Bottom V that does 200mph???? You don't. Absolutely useless machinery!!!!!!!

CMG 02-09-2005 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
As the prop turns. Same s**t different year. How do you get insurance on a Stepped Bottom V that does 200mph???? You don't. Absolutely useless machinery!!!!!!!

Thank god they'd chage 2.9 million bucks for it, I know I'm protected from the temptation.

Marginmn 02-09-2005 04:17 PM

The whole thing may now be off. I was speaking with Mr. Pfaff about some engines I am considering for my own boat and he said he had canceled plans to be at Lake Cumberland this weekend. They are running his engines in the boat that is going to make the attempt and according to him one of them is having problems. There won't be enough time to have it fixed and get it back to KY by the weekend.

I just mention this in case you guys are making plans to fly in from all over the country. You might want to confirm that the event is actually taking place before you go thru all the trouble.

Of course, they might be putting out a lame duck rumor just to keep the competition off guard. Who knows. I'd just hate to see any fellow OSO's make that trip for nothing so you had better be sure.

p.s. He did say the boat was running an easy 180 before they had the trouble WOW!!!!

Jonas 02-09-2005 04:25 PM

[p.s. He did say the boat was running an easy 180 before they had the trouble WOW!!!![/QUOTE]

easy 180 in a v bottom boat,,
hmm
that is either just hard for me to believe or they are straight up crazy,,