Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Outerlimits to try and Break the Speed Record !!!! >

Outerlimits to try and Break the Speed Record !!!!

Notices

Outerlimits to try and Break the Speed Record !!!!

Old 02-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Outerlimits to try and Break the Speed Record !!!!

I really think the whole deal is BS... Bigtime!!! anyone who has even a limited knowledge knows those lakes are a minefield in the Spring. They are even a PITA during the summer when we would get a big rain. They have had horrible weather and those lakes take days and even weeks to clear up after a big rain....
Old 02-09-2005, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this was true, HA HA, OL no put up just allot of hype, same story as before. However since Mike never announced this I will just let it go as Hyped rumor.

On a side note best of luck to anyone who wants to break the record, and be as safe as possible at 180mph

WILL
Old 02-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Actually, I tested a boat last Friday from Lake Cumberland Marine. We had to dodge a bit of debris getting out to the main lake but once we were out there it wasn't really that bad. We ran a 38 Fountain up the lake at 86 mph right in the area where they were suppose to make the attempt and saw very little debris. If the lake was in the same condition as last Friday then I don't think there would be any trouble in getting it cleaned up for a run.

Like I said above, the engine builder himself told me OL was having trouble with one his 2000 HP beasts and that's why they called the attempt off. Keeping 2000 HP engines together can't be easy.

And if you know Lake Cumberland then you know it would be a great place to make a kilo run this time of year. It's long, calm, very cool in February, and has very little traffic to keep out of the way this time of the year. It's waters are protected by tall cliffs so it would provide the perfectly calm and predictable waters needed to make such an attempt to break a world record.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Registered

Location: Home of WILD TURKEY 101 & State Dock Lake Cumberland

pretty neat, guys!!! Was asked to join here... Got to admit, it will not be long before I venture into one of these larger speed demons... I still feel, that the weather conditions, just aren't right, for this run...

Again, great site here!!!
Old 02-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Registered

Does'nt this go back to the feud between Paul Sr. and Reggie. Fountian ran the ads that basically said they "invented" the stepped hull and Paul Sr. got p'd and ran full page ads in PowerBoat Mag showing Hustler had steps way before Fountian. This was back around 1990.

Last edited by woogie; 02-09-2005 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:42 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by dahkem1
Why don't they just put a set of nitro detuned funny car motors in it. Say 3500-4000 HP each. As long as they can run 2 kilo's, before blowing up, that should work.
i wouldn't want a drive or engine failure at those speeds...
Old 02-09-2005, 08:03 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

There were boats with steps in the early 1900's

didn't the vikings have ventilated hulls?
Old 02-09-2005, 08:19 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

This stuff gets old real fast!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images  
Old 02-09-2005, 08:20 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

me either, but it sure seems that they are having a LOT of engine problems with what OL is putting in their boats. They had problems in NC, with RaceCrafters, and now problems at LC.

those are two, and i am not convinced of either one yet...

i have heard that they did and that they didn't have problems with the RC's, so i don't know about that one.....

and this one, remember, this is all rumors to begin with, i haven't seen Mike out saying he was gonna run yet... so until he does, i am not going to jump on the engine broke down again band wagon....

and is mike putting these engines in or is bob? i wouldn't start knocking OL quite yet on their choice of engines... these guys aren't trying to beat reggies record, they are trying to destroy it, and that means they probably have to deal with some equipment that isn't gonna last very long.... a few dyno pulls, a few test runs and how much do they have left in them?

if i felt my boat wasn't right, the water wasn't right, heck, if the stars weren't aligned properly, there is no way i would go that fast in a boat i wasn't 110% sure about...
Old 02-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Registered

There were boats with steps in the early 1900's
So, You don't undestand the humor The ads ran in the late 80's

Quick Reply: Outerlimits to try and Break the Speed Record !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.