How great a forum is OSO??????

Notices

How great a forum is OSO??????

Old 02-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How great a forum is OSO??????

I ride snowmobiles in the winter, so I frequent a few sled head sites as well as the boat sites. Somehow, Doo owners seem a bit more hot or short tempered than most. check this thread from Dootalk.com.... where I am also waterfoul... even though I ride a Yammy, I like this board for snow reports and such... but some guys seem to be WAY uptight!! I don't think I've really ever seen someone on OSO tell some one else to shut up and go away. At least not that I can remember. Sometimes it's just fun to speak your mind and watch the morons come out of the woodwork to blast you for it.

OK.... maybe I did stir the pot a little......

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41240
Old 02-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Registered

Default Re: How great a forum is OSO??????

shut up and go away you doo wannabe

its not yammitalk.com foul

Hows it running? any problems with the yammi>? I am have been in working on mine the last few days...
Old 02-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Originally Posted by traviss
shut up and go away you doo wannabe

its not yammitalk.com foul

Hows it running? any problems with the yammi>? I am have been in working on mine the last few days...
What do you know about clutches? I"ve got a serious problem... come out of a corner and grab all the throttle and then wait....wait....wait....wait.... 6500 rpm and WHAM it's gone!! A real pain in the arse on the trails. And it will wind up right past the 8000 rpm redline. I know nothing of clutches. Come on over and teach me how to fix em!!!

I'm kinda having fun with that thread now.... probably get banned pretty soon.....
Old 02-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Waterfoul]

You think??? Now that was funny! I
Old 02-21-2005, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For starters do you lube your clutch ? I hit the pucks weights and rollers every time I ride..Im amazed how many guys ive ridden with that dont know about this.. Or you could try a heavier or maybe just new springs. Secondary is more important for backshifting ..
One other option "buy a polaris"
Old 02-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Waterfoul go back and give them this from Me!
Attached Thumbnails How great a forum is OSO??????-shutup.bmp  
Old 02-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
I ride snowmobiles in the winter, so I frequent a few sled head sites as well as the boat sites. Somehow, Doo owners seem a bit more hot or short tempered than most. check this thread from Dootalk.com.... where I am also waterfoul... even though I ride a Yammy, I like this board for snow reports and such... but some guys seem to be WAY uptight!! I don't think I've really ever seen someone on OSO tell some one else to shut up and go away. At least not that I can remember. Sometimes it's just fun to speak your mind and watch the morons come out of the woodwork to blast you for it.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41240
You think they are bad, try going on a few of the Harley sites. It's like there is a competition to see who can be the most antisocial.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Registered

I have never been into a yammi clutch. To me it sounds like its not backshifting fast enough, kinda hard to get the real deal from your post. Your saying you come out and nail it. It sits at 6500 for a wait.wait.wait then it bam it tachs up to 8000 and your gone? Or do you think its fuel related, like one of the carb circuts are clogged?

for the skidoos. They are lube free clutches. Worst thing you can do. The lube attracts all the belt dust and whatever else that will stick to it
Old 02-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Na, it slowly builds to 6500 and then all hell breaks loose and it's off!! And we just had the carbs apart and they are clean as new. Even the air box was like new clean. Ran great in the field after we changed the needles a little.... lot's of midrange power.... this is a sudden thing, like it tossed off a roller or something... guess I need to have it looked at or get some one who knows more than I do take a look at it. It's rideable, but not nearly as much fun.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:05 PM
Registered

when its building towards 6500 is it bogging at all? Does it sound like a cylinder not firing then firing after 6500? I am clueless so far

dude buy a doo

Quick Reply: How great a forum is OSO??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.