Notices

Emerald Coast

Old 02-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emerald Coast

Does anyone know the dates for boat week and the Poker Run for this year?
Old 02-09-2005, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Re: Emerald Coast

I think boat week is August 15-19 and I think that the poker run is that last weekend. I think you can find the scedule by going to www.Ramadafwb.com and then click on AJs. They have a schedule of events is where iI found it.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

You doing the poker run or just watching?
Old 02-09-2005, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is FPC going to be involved this year?
Old 02-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Registered

bigboat, sorry I'm just now getting back to you, I've been out of town. We did the poker run last year, but I don't think we will again, after that party they had at the end of the day. That took way to long. I think if they want to raise more money they should just charge more. So anyway, to answer your question, no we are not going to do the poker run, but we are going to be their. I'ts a great run and lots of fun people, but boy I can't stand the way they drag out the ceremonies.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Registered

I spoke to Becky @ Emerald Coast Foundation back in November when we were still looking for our DVD's from the run in 2004. She told me the date of the run is 8/20/05 and this year that are having the big party at Crab Island on 8/21 like they did two years ago. Last year they did it the Sunday before the run, but they didn't have as much of a turnout.

Donzimama38
Old 02-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Registered

What about the award ceremonies after the run? If you were there last year, you had to be filling the pain, that I think most people were feeling. We finally left before we even knew who had won.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I SPOKE WITH SHELLY AT THE EMERALD COAST FOUNDATION AND TOLD HER HOW UNHAPPY WE WERE WITH THE DVD AND THE PARTY. I SUGGESTED THEY GET FPC INVOLVED AND LET STEW DO THE VIDEO OR I WOULD NOT WASTE MY MONEY. I DON'T MIND GIVING MONEY TO A GOOD CAUSE BUT FOR A SUCK a$#$! DVD. SHE TOLD ME THAT SHE WOULD BRING IT UP AT THE NEXT MEETING?
I'M STILL GOING TO GO PARTY
Old 02-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Registered

TWIN SCREW-

Robert is that you? This is Scott- you stayed at my condo last year for the poker run. John and I are planning on going back again this year. Like you said- just not going back to the party afterwards.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OSS race is on the same weekend in Orange Beach, less than an hour from Destin. Wish these two organizations would compare notes. The same thing happened last year.

It was much better when FPC was involved and the race did not conflict......doubt we will be going at all this year.

At least they finally realized the Crab Island party needs to be the day after the run.

Quick Reply: Emerald Coast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.