Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chief Powerboats - The Beginning of a new tribe (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/96194-chief-powerboats-beginning-new-tribe.html)

dockrocker 02-10-2005 01:39 PM

Re: Chief Powerboats - The Beginning of a new tribe

Kind of feel obligated to give'em a bit of grief, since there is some relationship to "The Boat Company That Must Not Be Named" :D

OldSchool 02-10-2005 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by dockrocker
Kind of feel obligated to give'em a bit of grief, since there is some relationship to "The Boat Company That Must Not Be Named" :D

Don't you dare say the "A" word!!!! :eek: :eek: :D

Chris288 02-10-2005 01:48 PM

In the A.T. section,, Massive Thunder clearly states that all A.T's will now be called Chiefs, but that does not answer the question if A.T. is still building the 28, 32, 37 ???? IS the Active Thunder name no more ???

boatme 02-10-2005 01:48 PM

Mike the ATs will now bear the name of Chief Powerboats and be built under that banner

The hulls them selfs will not change any time soon, only the branding

We are functioning under one name combining a number of talents to create a stronger boat company that offers a full line of boats from 28' to 47'

Chris288 02-10-2005 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by craig223
Don't you dare say the "A" word!!!! :eek: :eek: :D

Aren't the 42 and 47 Chief's really 42 and 47 Apache's ??

BlownRat 02-10-2005 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Boatme
Mike the ATs will now bear the name of Chief Powerboats and be built under that banner

We are functioning under one name combining a number of talents to create a stronger boat company that offers a full line of boats from 28' to 47'

SWEEEEET.......... Now I own a collectors item! Does that make it worth more or less?
All kidding aside...hats off to Marc, Pat and the gang for putting together a winning combination! Can't wait to see it at SOTW 2005!

boatfreak 02-10-2005 02:13 PM

I have been told from a good source that the A.T. brand name is not going away. Don't get your panties in a wad over this and lets see how it plays out.

dockrocker 02-10-2005 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Boatme

Mark, that's what I figured but you know how the rumor mill works - best to clear the air up front.

Will you be building the 42 and 47 down in Florida or in Indiana? Is Stinson still involved, I see he's not listed on the "staff" page (though it looks like you guys are pressed for space in that area)?

HiPerf2000 02-10-2005 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by BlownRat
SWEEEEET.......... Now I own a collectors item! Does that make it worth more or less?

I would think it would make the boat worth less. I'm sure Pat will still have factory support in the "Chief Shop", but the People who are not " In the Know " will think that AT is no longer existant. Who wants to buy a relativley new (used) boat when the company no longer exists.

Just my opinion, and i've been known to be totally wrong......except for knowing Allan4 is a Putz. :p

aero-offshore 02-10-2005 02:38 PM

Where will they be built? Will the 28 be under 70,000.00?