Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Duramax Suburban Quotes (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/96215-duramax-suburban-quotes.html)

Sydwayz 11-02-2005 01:01 AM

Re: Duramax Suburban Quotes

Masher, can you provide me with the contact info on this builder?

masher44 11-02-2005 01:12 AM

http://www.duramaxsuburban.com/index.php

this should work.... :D

Sydwayz 11-02-2005 01:27 AM

Thanks! Looking into this guy too:

http://www.fourwheeler.com/featuredv...ban/index.html

fatdaddy 11-02-2005 10:38 PM

My PSD X is turning 3 w/ 75k and it's as strong as ever.

bgchuby01 11-03-2005 08:29 AM

just my 2 cents, I have a 2005 King Ranch duallay crew cab that I haul peoples boats with up to and including 46 skaters that are 19000lbs with the trailer. I have 90,000 miles in the last 6 months with it and have had only one problem with it, and ford changed out 2 injectors and it is fine. Just buy the excursion and be done with it. There is nothing like a factory built truck. I like chevy's, I am just saying that if you want the inside room of a suburban with a good engine then just go with the excursion. and it will be alot cheaper and faster

Semper Fi 11-03-2005 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
I dont mean to bag on GM here(well maybe just a little) but the new "Allison" behind the duramax isn't any diffrent than the trans Ford is now using called the torqueshift its a 5 speed auto. I just bought a new F-550 work truck with the 6.0L diesel and the toqueshift and so far no problems with anything. 24,000 Miles in the first 6 months mostly fully loaded. GVW is 19,000. The allison in the chevys was designed for that truck its not an off the shelf bulletproof allison transmission, it is smaller than the 545 wich was previously the smallest thing they built. It is mostly just a brand image thing with the allison name. Don't get me wrong though Allison doesn't make any product that is substandard but its not exceptional eiher.

I agree that the new Ford torqueshift is a much improved tranny, but it doesn't have the reliability proven record that the Allison tranny has. Did you know that the M-1 Abrams tank (the undisputed best tank ever built) has an Allison tranny? :D

DJF 11-03-2005 08:53 AM

No matter how you look at it the premium for the Durmax /Allison on a Chevy it just doesn't work. There is no reasonable payback period. When diesel fuel was 80% the cost of regular, maybe. But with the cost being higher, or at best equal, the pay back just isn't there. The big ass V-8 gas will perform just as well for less overall dollars.

Dave

spk1 11-03-2005 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
What do yall think?

Jim,

Thanks for the email about the Suburban conversions. We can build you a 2001 or 2002 duramax Suburban with around 75k miles, with allison transmission, plus body lift and new exhaust, 9000lb hitch, ready to go for 45- to 50,000.00
We are located in Denver, and you would need a 5000.00 non refundable deposit. It would take roughly 2-4weeks to find a donor vehicle and a suburban that meets my standards, and the conversion will take 4 to 6 weeks, weather and parts providing.
If you would like to set something up or talk more about it, let me know.
We would recomend, however, 2 additional items which adds a little bit to the price quoted. Specific 285/75/16 Michelin LTX M/S tires and custom 4" exhaust with 5" tip. Also, we can of course install video systems etc. But a high deposit would be required for more customization.
But either way , we want your business!!!

Please call me asap at 303-888-XXXX

I have a white 2001 that will be ready in 2-3 weeks. Prepurchase price 46,995.00
When it is complete it will go on ebay with a min bid, and I am sure it will top 50k on this one.

Thanks again for the interest and look forward to working with you.

Hmm, 50k seems real steep for 75k miles, I like how hes going to sell the white 2001 for welll over 50k if you dont "act now",, Wont $50k pick up just about any 2001 Hummer "H1" on ebays buy it now? Im not sure of the towing and fuel ratings but you would think an H1 could fit the bill.

WARPARTY36 11-03-2005 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a '01 K2500 8.1L with 94,000 miles that I am going to sell if anyone needs a donor vehicle. I am going to wait on the '07 Duramax Suburbans, and am driving my Avalanche in the interim. I figured I should stop driving it because it will be easier to sell with 94k than with 100+k. The 8.1 tows my 36' Apache fine, it just doesn't get the greatest mileage doing it :D

I will probably list it at $18,500.

masher44 11-03-2005 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
I have a '01 K2500 8.1L with 94,000 miles that I am going to sell if anyone needs a donor vehicle. I am going to wait on the '07 Duramax Suburbans, and am driving my Avalanche in the interim. I figured I should stop driving it because it will be easier to sell with 94k than with 100+k. The 8.1 tows my 36' Apache fine, it just doesn't get the greatest mileage doing it :D

Bub, the reason I picked up a new Excursion is that they told me at the time that the diesel Suburban wont be out until 08 IF at all... :mad:
I have owned 3 Suburbans sized vehicles and have to say that the extra room in the Ex made a huge difference alone!!!! I owned both the Denali XL and the Ex at the same time and the Ex made the Denali feel tiny.... no more back pain in the Ex and drove it 30 hours over 2 days a few weeks ago and NO back pain or cramps etc.... while the Denali murdered me in two hours...

Just letting you know because you are a larger sized human :D
Plus TWICE the gas mileage in the Ex.... :D