Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tmp Motors (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/96230-tmp-motors.html)

outriggers 02-11-2005 07:20 AM

Re: Tmp Motors

Steve, That 650 looks sweet. How many CI ? Tall Deck? Doug

SummerObsession 02-11-2005 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Precision_Marine
When someone is going to spend upwards of 70K an engine, he better trust the numbers and the builder. For example, when we Dyno an engine, we try and recreate the conditions that will exist when in use like the fuel, alternator, water pump, exhaust etc. We factor as much of the environmental conditions as possible to give the most accurate numbers possible.

It would be beneficial for everyone to read and fully understand this post!!!

I wonder how many people are aware that, within reason of course, a dyno can be made to read whatever the operator chooses it to read.
My experience on the race track convinced me dyno numbers are nothing but a baseline. Real world results are paramount.

Strip Poker 388 02-11-2005 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
It would be beneficial for everyone to read and fully understand this post!!!

I wonder how many people are aware that, within reason of course, a dyno can be made to read whatever the operator chooses it to read.
My experience on the race track convinced me dyno numbers are nothing but a baseline. Real world results are paramount.

I have used 5 different Dyno shops and ya get and idea about whos are Conservative and some are like you say the dyno shoot out guys.

When I go to the dyno I don't care what the hp #'s are, I just want to tune it the the best it can be and if I wanted to change something to that motor at a later date I would make sure that the correction factors where the same on that Dyno.

For instance :eek: I have used Gary Williams here in Ms . and others I know have used him also. I have seen him change correction factors just to make it look good .

Just remember any Yahoo can buy a Dyno and make pulls , But the operator has to be able to interpret the info to know what changes to make .

Rob :D

HotPursuit 02-12-2005 09:30 PM

Mark I'm so glad that you found time to speak up.I think
you will agree with the most of us,I stop purchasing
any of the magazines because of the bullsh** that is
published.I strongly believe that after some of the latest
publications that you can claim to be Jesus Christ and
with out any proof they will print it.When I hear about
someone claiming to have raced and I know for a fact
they have never held a APBA license I just don't understand.
You would think that the writer would at least want to
take some photos of the accomplishments and add them
to the article.Your years of racing and professional service
have been second to none.Your shop and staff are a class
act in my book and you don't have to blow your own horn.
This all coming from someone that has used your
competition for the last 25 years (Ron Sporl Performance)
Hope to see you soon. Keith

SummerObsession 02-15-2005 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by JC performance engine
especially running Pro Stock.Everyones #s are different.What matters is when you drop the clutch.

Now that's a fact! Pro Stock, the "monkey see, monkey do" class. :D :drink:

Hey, did you hear W.J. is now leasing Schmidt motors? What is the world coming to? :D :D

That little short german bastage (Schmidt :eek: ) can build some serious power though. Everyone's chasing Anderson, doing some weird stuff to try an keep up, should be an interesting season.

JCPERF 02-15-2005 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
Now that's a fact! Pro Stock, the "monkey see, monkey do" class. :D :drink:

Hey, did you hear W.J. is now leasing Schmidt motors? What is the world coming to? :D :D

That little short german bastage (Schmidt :eek: ) can build some serious power though. Everyone's chasing Anderson, doing some weird stuff to try an keep up, should be an interesting season.

I know Yates had a schmidt motor.But WJ?

jayboat 02-15-2005 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)

I asked Zul because he talked to KJ yesterday.Nothing was said.When i ask Zul, he looked at me like i had 3 as*holes on my forehead. :D

You just need a new girlfriend... :D
Her 'input tube' is leavin marks on yer forehead. :evilb:

mikes280 02-15-2005 06:27 PM

Christmas comes once a year.That was a guess on the Professors part.

it worked sent him to school i don't think WJ is using someone elses motors

Strip Poker 388 02-15-2005 09:27 PM

Did ya see the semi round where he came from behind motored past whatchamacallit.I don't think he needs anybody Else's power.

Strip Poker 388 02-15-2005 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by jayboat
You just need a new girlfriend... :D
Her 'input tube' is leavin marks on yer forehead. :evilb:

Maybe it was her out put tube :evilb: :evilb: