Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   O.K. - Fastest Single Engine w/ Stock 496HO/XR (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/96303-o-k-fastest-single-engine-w-stock-496ho-xr.html)

muffman 02-24-2005 10:42 AM

Re: O.K. - Fastest Single Engine w/ Stock 496HO/XR

Originally Posted by FASTERDAMITT
Muffman,
7.1mph is great. 90 hp! How long do you think your bottle lasts?

It will last about 2 min. I used 2 bottles and then took it off. For $475. I now have an idea how my boat will run with Raylar's kit. I'm finished testing with the ZEX kit if anyone else wants it let me Know.

FASTERDAMITT 03-02-2005 12:13 AM

I seen the Lavey Craft 29 and 2750, Warlock 29 win some races. What speed are they achieving with stock power?

FASTERDAMITT 03-04-2005 05:35 PM

Anyone?

mwdill 03-04-2005 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by FASTERDAMITT
I seen the Lavey Craft 29 and 2750, Warlock 29 win some races. What speed are they achieving with stock power?

both the 29 warlock and the 2750 lavey 72-73 gps full cabin

FunHome 03-04-2005 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Gordo
I too have been in the cabin, and while it may be a little snug at entry, it opens up to quite a roomy area. I'm only 5'8" and have no problem sitting straight up in the setee. The openess of the V berth is surprising as well.

So come on Gordo.....What do you think would be the fastest??? :drink:

FunHome 03-04-2005 11:15 PM

Wait, I already know what your going to say!!!! :D Fastest in What?? Open water, Flat Water, Rough Water, Race Conditions, etc.

So I guess the question would come back to Factory 1 under regular race conditions with the race courses set up like they are.........
what do you think???

Gordo 03-07-2005 04:22 PM

I have my own favorite, but I put 3 boats in the top, with a 4th if it comes out in Factory 1 trim...
1. Extreme- Hands down favorite for both Kilo record and racing conditions.
2. Activator- Only seen one team run well, and they SCREAMED! Of course that particular boat also had a lot of talent and skill in it.
3. Laveycraft.- Again, only seen one team run well on the race course, but that one had a lot of skill and talent in it.

4.Potential new kid on the block... Howard.
If I was racing Factory 1 this year in any of the above boats and someone was coming out with a 28 Howard, I'd be concerned.

FASTERDAMITT 03-07-2005 08:23 PM

Interesting. Howard is fast.

mwdill 03-07-2005 08:47 PM

4.Potential new kid on the block... Howard.
If I was racing Factory 1 this year in any of the above boats and someone was coming out with a 28 Howard, I'd be concerned.[/QUOTE]
i have been hearing that for a while when is someone going to do it?

FASTERDAMITT 03-08-2005 01:42 PM

Well, nobody has to worry about Howard boats for now. I just talked to Gene and he said he's sold out to July and none of those are racing. He also stated he would never want to race his boats at the speeds the F1 will run this year. He said his advantage is at higher speed so what's the point in competeing! 26.5' variable degee deadrise, no pad. :cool: