Ummm.  Maybe you didn't see this... >

Ummm. Maybe you didn't see this...

Notices

Ummm. Maybe you didn't see this...

Old 02-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Ummm. Maybe you didn't see this...

My question is. So this doesn't happen to me. Is there a stamping on the engine that says what it is? Not a tag or sticker that can be removed, but a stamping indicating a 415 from a 500 HP motor?
Old 02-13-2005, 09:23 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not that I know of.
Tomorrow I will ask Tommy from Chief Engines and report what he tells me.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I would appreciate that. Because seriously I could be looking at boats with blackmotors painted blue. with out pulling them apart I was wondering about any stampings

Thanks
Old 02-13-2005, 09:40 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Smile Re: Ummm. Maybe you didn't see this...

Just for your own information, it's the bolt-on stuff that is painted blue. The blocks and heads are still black.
They use the same block, so the casting numbers will be the same.
If someone wants to pull this scam, then it's going to be very difficult to tell what cam is in the engine without pulling it out.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ed has made an excellent point.

Those into muscle cars have known about clones for years now. It sometimes makes the difference between thousands of dollars or sale/no sale. With the prices of these boats being enhanced so much by the power it has, we should not be surprised that this goes on.

It sucks for sure and it's dishonest as hell.
Sometimes it's tough to detect that a crime is/has taken place when you believe that everyone is above board.

I have never met Mr. Cozzi (Hopefully that changes in a week), but honesty is a character that you can't fake on a regular basis. To me, he seems honest regularly.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Ed, you and I don't know each other, but we once spoke before I purchased my boat in Texas. I have heard nothing but positive remarks about you and your reputation. Based on what I have read, it appears you complied with your obligations and the buyer is attempting to repower on your tab. Perhaps a strong offense is your best defense here. Did you have a written agreement regarding the services you provided that are yet unpaid? If so, does it have an attorneys fees provision? If the phknlwyr (sorry Kevin) persists, and your carrier doesn't cover your defense, I will gladly donate my services to your defense. PM me with the information and we can discuss this further.

Frank
Old 02-14-2005, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Troutly
I give little credibility to someone who posts up a thread and then doesn't find the time to keep on top of it, especially when allegations such as this are involved. If you do not have time to stick with it, then keep yer yap shut until you do.

My buck is with Ed on this one.
I know, whatzup with that?
Old 02-14-2005, 01:20 PM
Registered

Damn Ed.... you need to get those x-ray specs repaired... and while you're at it.... fix that crystal ball too. I have a magic wand in my tool box that I pull out and wave over engines when the customer doesn't want to believe my diagnosis. I then ask them which mystical incantation I should recite to repair the problem without having to disassemble the engine.
There just happens to be people in this world that think by hook or crook they are going to get something for nothing. Looking at insurance companies to pay out for what is THEIR ignorance is foolhardy.
I've had customers come into my shop and PURPOSELY lie to me about the condition or symptoms of their car. They think in their feeble minds that if they minimize the symptoms... they can minimize the bill. Then they want a written firm price that they can then beat me over the head with. I'm with you Ed. I'd be so pissed off I'd be tempted to sue them for the balance due plus punitive damages. We know that won't happen.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:54 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Talking Re: Ummm. Maybe you didn't see this...

Just earlier today I had a guy ask me how long before the wet plywood in the transom would rot to the point he would have to repair it.
I consulted my crystal ball, but it said: "Check transom with X-ray vision."
Old 02-15-2005, 12:11 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Question Re: Ummm. Maybe you didn't see this...

Four days since the Bad Business thread about me started.
When will my answer appear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.