who builds reliable efi motors >

who builds reliable efi motors

Notices

who builds reliable efi motors

Old 01-20-2005, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who builds reliable efi motors

hi , new here , looking for info to repower my30 wellcraft. it's a older scarab with trs drive. who is good ? i read hot and power boat magazine. they have good motor builder articals. i saw zul , teauge , tmp , sterling , and pfaff, i know there are others , only need 600h p .

j givono
Old 01-20-2005, 11:02 AM
Registered

Default Re: who builds reliable efi motors

my brother tried to get on here the other day , he said he was here ,but something i think happened with ritalen?? thanks.

j givono
Old 01-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Registered

You've got a good list but you should definitely check out Chief. Tommy is a very straight shooter.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Derebery Performance builds a 540ci 600Hp. They have been making in the 630's HP but calling it 600HP. They have a serpentein belt drive system and look a lot like a Merc 500EFI. They just finished a 35 Cigarette with these engines and TRS, very nice setup.
www.dereberyperformancemarine.com
Old 01-20-2005, 11:23 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go w/ 525's from Mercury Racing, but you're talking big bucks.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:29 AM
Registered

You can have a better engine built with a warranty by a good builder for less than what you'd spend on the Mercs. Infomaniac on the boards builds some sick engines too. http://marineassault.net/ is his website I believe. Really good guy too.

Last edited by jordy; 01-20-2005 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Registered

yeah , the mercs are high , i read that zul doesn't do efi though , chiefs are killer 2. a few years ago i saw a cat called miss fitsz that had chiefs , it sounded bad. i am on the gulf coast.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Registered

the search here is fast! i am new here ,very new ,but i did a search to see what tmp and this is from 2002. this can 't be true right ? this guy steven emmons is in powerboat , they said he was 23 or 24 , i have the mag at my parents boathouse. here he says's they have been building engines over 20 years. is this true?? i don't want to get burned , these motors are not cheap , i have been saving up for a long time. i think i will stay away from this guy. i hpe no one gets mad at me if i don't buy from this emmons guy.

yearshttp://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36451&highlight=totalmp

j givono
Old 01-20-2005, 12:23 PM
Registered

I am 24 yrs old, and have been around race boats since I was born. My grandfather and father raced flatbottoms, and eventually we moved into offshore boats. My partner grew up building and racing boats as well. He is 35. The majority of our staff are older than us, and we all have numerous years of experience. The biggest reason our engines work so well is that all of our experience is in real applications. We also both have college degrees and strong computer backgrounds.
Don't be so quick to judge our program without speaking to one of the several board members we've built engines for, or if you'd like, we'd be happy to fly you to our facility, and let you see our engines in action.
Or, you could check us out at the Miami show, where we'll have 6 1200+ HP EFI engines, as well as a 650 EFI that would work great in your boat. Dustin Whipple will be at the booth with us, and I'm sure he'd be happy to vouche for our engine program.
Also, our engines come with a 1 yr warranty and are very competitively priced.

Feel free to call me personally, should you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Steve Emmons

Last edited by totalmp; 01-20-2005 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:24 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Porkchop, where are you located?

Quick Reply: who builds reliable efi motors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.