Old 02-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Went to the Detroit Boat Show today

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
yes, it does let us know if you guys decided to come down
I'm looking at Saturday....

Anyone else?

Patriyacht, are you in a booth at the show?

Wannabe
Old 02-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We do not have plans to go this Saturday, Ian is going on Wed. night after work with his Dad. I just thought if anyone was coming in from the west side of the state, we could meet up for drinks. I would be happy to host it here, but unless you are coming from the north Waterford is out of the way.

No booth for us, we are not in the Marine business.

Wannabe, why don't you join us for the Lake MI party on 3/12 there will be a lot of OSO members from all over the area coming to that one. Donna
Old 02-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dockrocker
Yep, it's through Sunday. Kind of gives you some perspective, too. The dealer that had the Cig's there (J&J maybe?) had the new 39TS, then a 38 Powerquest Poker Run Edition, then the 30 Vice (which has a *small* cockpit - very small!). Price on the 'Gun - about $450K. Price on the 38 PQ - $180K. Now granted, the Cig is a nice boat, but is it 2 1/2 times nicer than the Powerquest?

For that kind of change I think I'd buy the 38 PQ, and a Formula 370SS. Or 15 years worth of gas and insurance!

Anyway it was a much better show than in years past. I'd like to go again to really look, but we're out of town this coming weekend. Might be worth the ride over for some of you west coast types.

That powerquest was a decent deal I thought, but I didn't care for the color choice. We spent most of our time looking at the Formula 400SS as well. My dad is looking at them hard. They are a sweet ride, if I wasn't into speed as much (and actually had money) I would buy a 37 or 40 in a second!! What a great tweener boat 60 mph and a huuuuge cockpit. I guess that is why everyone is copying their layout!
Old 02-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dkwestern
That powerquest was a decent deal I thought, but I didn't care for the color choice. We spent most of our time looking at the Formula 400SS as well. My dad is looking at them hard. They are a sweet ride, if I wasn't into speed as much (and actually had money) I would buy a 37 or 40 in a second!! What a great tweener boat 60 mph and a huuuuge cockpit. I guess that is why everyone is copying their layout!
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm not overly fond of much of the new style of graphics. With the exception of Sunsation (MitcherT), most new boats look like Walt Disney puked on them.

The more we went around the show, the more appealing the SS style became. My daughter was running around, checking out all the different nooks and crannies on the boat, and I'm thinking "she'll have a friend or two, and their parents, and my wife will need to entertain on the boat as part of her job, etc etc." Hard to do on a 353, but a 330SS is a different story.

We're thinking real hard about a used 280 (I'd prefer a 330, but who wouldn't? ) right now.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Donna:

I would love to go but I will be at the MSU Agricultural Pavillion with my black stallion for the Horse Expo Stallion Show.
I have real horsepower that cut's into my boating time.

Take pictures at the Skater Factory.

Wannabe
Old 02-15-2005, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a cutie
I like the cruisers more and more everytime I step on one ..must be gettin old. Then theres that need for speed thing ..