Notices

Konrads are IN!!!

Old 02-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Konrads are IN!!!

The drives arrived as promised. These come as a kit and are ready to "bolt on". I'm very impressed with how these look. The prop shafts are 1 1/4" and the top caps are 7 1/2" across. The inputs have real u-joints and are probably over built. The drive looks heavy but doesn't feel like it weighs any more than the TRS. I'll post actual weights later. These look like mini SSM6's.

the kit includes all mounting hardware and hydraulic lines. Even a bottle of drive lube to fill the res. tank. I'll be pre-fitting them to a Fountain 8.8m. The hull then goes for paint before the re-rig begins.

Great job by Konrad and I want to thank Fred and his crew for holding my and through this process.
Attached Thumbnails Konrads are IN!!!-tn_konrads1.jpg   Konrads are IN!!!-tn_konrads-gimbal.jpg   Konrads are IN!!!-tn_konrads-prop-shaft.jpg  

Old 02-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Registered

Default Re: Konrads are IN!!!

Here is a #6 and a 540. They look close.
Attached Thumbnails Konrads are IN!!!-tn_ssm6-2.jpg   Konrads are IN!!!-tn_konrads2.jpg  
Old 02-05-2005, 01:22 PM
Registered

some more
Attached Thumbnails Konrads are IN!!!-tn_konrads3.jpg   Konrads are IN!!!-tn_konrads-ram.jpg   Konrads are IN!!!-tn_konrads-u-joint.jpg  

Old 02-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill be owning a pair of those pretty soon myself... thanks for the pics. who did you get them from? stecz
Old 02-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Registered

I'm a dealer so I bought them direct. They're for my own boat though. I'll tell you, I was apprehensive about these and I know if I felt that way so do many other potential buyers. I figure if I'm going to sell them I should get some experience with them. What better way! If you look at the cost of converting to Bravo's vs. Konrads it makes the decision easy. Plus I won't need to keep a spare drive in the bow with these.
Old 02-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, I'm putting a pair on one of my 36 Nortechs with 800hp. Fred is great to work with. I believe they might be the answer for strong bravo style drive. jim midwest performance marine
Old 02-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Registered

Yeah, that and they should make it at least one season without having to come off the back of the boat.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm sure you will be impressed with them. We've logged just over 110 hrs on the Konrads last season with no problems at all. These things are rugged!

We recently bolted up a set of their new 540 HP lowers. Can't wait 'til spring!!!!!

Kurt
Attached Thumbnails Konrads are IN!!!-dcp02898-large-.jpg  
Old 02-06-2005, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

What is the most amount of power that has been behind these drives for a period of time, on a performance boat. Thanks Jeff
Old 02-06-2005, 09:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the pix, we are also going with Konrads to try and better harness the power of our new beafed up 600SC / 800hp motors on our factory Bravo 97 TopGun .
I have only heard good things about these drives, they do look solid as hell, can't wait for spring!

Quick Reply: Konrads are IN!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.