Notices

what would you buy?

Old 02-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what would you buy?

Originally Posted by Craney
Ok since everybody is adding to the list I will to Cigarette, Outerlimts, Nor-Tech, Apache,Pantera, Powerplay, Formula, Powerquest.
Iw as trying to stay within his parameters ..I didnt say pantera as the survivior is a relatively new boat ..And an awesome one at that..
Old 02-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do you have a $250,000 budget?
Old 02-14-2005, 08:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well what can I say I would have to go with Powerquest
As far as the looks and ride well this is my third PQ and I love them. not only do they look good but the design seems to be a little faster then some others (Baja) now saying that I stand behind it because my 24 out ran equal 24 outlaws and 252's, my 29 out ran 29 outlaws and 302's, my 38 has out ran 36 and 38's also, not saying anything bad about Baja but well that is what I got. I still thing they look absolutly great.

Cig is a great boat and I will probably own one one day (42 tiger) but like someone else said they cost alot to make go fast in that year range.

Scarab nice rides but no longer being built but still a very nice ride.

Formula in my opinion looks a little out dated with there color schemes, just my .02

By the way where do you live and boat? If you live close to some of us maybe you could try a couple of them out and see how they ride.

Sorry if I upset anyone but he asked and I told him what I thought.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:30 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I really like the looks of the Powerquest, but wouldn't put them at the top of that list. Cig's will provide one of the best rough water rides. Formula also has an excellent ride, and some luxury down below (if that's what you need/want) Scarabs are questionable due to resale and I haven't ridden in one. Powerquest are well built IMO, but are not as well known/ popular. They also have a decent mix of ride/ speed/ luxury. I see them as a better Baja than a competitor to Cig or Formula.
Just my...
Attached Thumbnails what would you buy?-penny2%5B1%5D-small-.gif   what would you buy?-penny2%5B1%5D-small-.gif  
Old 02-14-2005, 10:55 PM
Registered

Before I bought my boat I look at your choices and others, in all sizes 2 years worth. I ended up with a Powerquest. I noticed Powerquest and Formula were very similar and seemed to be built very well, although PQ's were cheaper. PQ's and Formula's do seem more like a family boat than hardcore racers. The cigs in my price range were trashed and for some reason the fiberglass was very wavy on the three I looked at? They were early 90's. The scarabs I looked at did not seem to be put together as well as the others. I also liked Fountains but found the driver position to close to the dash. The quality seemed to be on pair with the others and I also really liked the look. I also looked at Donzi's and found the build quality to vary boat to boat. I looked at a couple Sonics. The factory seems to go nuts with the caulk for some reason. Just my observations, I am no expert by any means.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I would seriously look at this Top Gun. I posted it in the classifieds for a friend and I promise you that it is absolutely flawless. My friend is selling it because he has had problems with his knees and feels that he is not going to be able to run the boat anymore. He is in his 70's now, but you would never know it and I keep telling him that age is just a number. Here are a few pics of it and the link to the classifieds post. If you want to, feel free to contact me about it. I'll send you my number via PM.

1994/2000 Top Gun
Attached Thumbnails what would you buy?-1.jpg   what would you buy?-2.jpg   what would you buy?-3.jpg  

Old 02-14-2005, 11:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ninetym : I am sorry, but my private message to you would not go through. It said that your mail box was not set up to receive messages. If you want, send me a private message or feel free to e-mail me your info if you are interested and I will contact you.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:12 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
ninetym : I am sorry, but my private message to you would not go through. It said that your mail box was not set up to receive messages. If you want, send me a private message or feel free to e-mail me your info if you are interested and I will contact you.
Registered members are non-paying members....they don't get to see photos or have PM's. (or get the uncensored section)
Old 02-15-2005, 07:32 AM
Registered

Nordic makes a very nice 35-footer. It is FAST!
Old 02-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by t500hps
Registered members are non-paying members....they don't get to see photos or have PM's. (or get the uncensored section)
Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. You see, you really do learn something every day! So he can't view the uncensored section? That alone is worth the registration fee!

Quick Reply: what would you buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.